Chapter One: The Offer

The rising sun replaced the falling moon as the blue sky seemed to brighten from the sun's rays. Alarms suddenly filled the city. Soon enough the citizens were up and moving. They scattered the city as trips were made to work, school, stores, and activities that would last all day. Few enjoyed the small experiences that were witnessed throughout the day. Few would take time to look around and smile just because the sun rose. One of those few was Caitlin Snow, a honey brown haired high school student that was a science geek and was unfortunately pining for someone that only saw her as a friend. However, there were some people that were moving too fast and didn't take the time to enjoy the simple, small gestures that the day had to offer. One of those people was a popular running back for the local high school's football team named Barry Allen. He was also pining for someone, a popular cheerleader, by the name of Iris West who was anything but kind. However, Iris was aware of his infatuation and wanted to exploit it, in spite of Caitlin. Barry couldn't see that he had eyes for the wrong person.

**

Caitlin's phone began to buzz in her back pocket as she entered the school. Taking it out of her pocket a text appeared on the screen.

Felicity- are you going to go to the football game on Friday.

Felicity was a computer Einstein. She could and knew how to do practically anything that revolved around computers.

Me- Yeah I was considering it

She climbed up the stairs to the second floor, walking down the long, empty hallway to her locker.

"Hey Cait." A familiar voice that always seemed to make the ever present butterflies in her stomach flutter said groggily from behind her, scaring her half to death.

"Holy shit, Barry." Caitlin muttered holding a hand over her chest as it rapidly rose and fell.

Barry chuckled, picking up the bag she had dropped and handing it to her.

"Bartholomew Henry Allen, how many times do I have to tell you not to scare me?" Caitlin scolded taking her light blue bag from him and putting a fallen binder into it. "Jeez." She muttered.

"Caitlin Nicole Snow, how many times do I have to tell you that scaring the wits out of you is the only highlight of my day." Barry said with a laugh, smirking at her as she glared back at him.

"I hope you fail your science test tomorrow." Caitlin said with a sarcastic smile, zipping up her bag.

"How can I fail when I got you sitting right next to me, Cait?" Barry asked with a wink that made her smile widely.

"You're not cheating off of me, Allen." She said throwing her bag over her shoulders and cocking her head to the side, giving him a 'seriously Barry?' look.

"Who said anything about cheating, Snow?" Barry asked mimicking her cocked head and look, his green eyes staring into her brown ones. A staring contest had begun between the two, but it didn't take more than a couple of seconds for Caitlin to crack and start chuckling, and Barry soon joined in with her.

"Listen Cait, I was wondering if you wanted to do something tonight." Barry began and excitement started to bubble inside her. However, her excitement popped when he finished his sentence. "I need some advice in asking Iris out."

The long, empty hallway seemed to dampen as Caitlin turned around to close her locker and avoid looking at the guy she knew would never like her back. Pursing her lips together and closing her eyes, Caitlin sucked in and exhaled a few shaky breaths.

"Why?" Caitlin asked, not answering his proposition.

"She asked me if I could be her tutor in math yesterday." Barry said with a gleeful smile.

As much as Caitlin wanted to ask him if he's even had a normal conversation with Iris, she knew she couldn't. She was beginning to get fed up with his ignorance of the type of person Iris really was. Instead she swallowed down her irritation and let out a mumble, "Oh, uh-yeah sure, Barry." Caitlin tried her hardest not to sound disappointed as she slowly closed her locker with a few clicks and turned around on her heel, keeping her head facing the ground.

She didn't know why she still even held on to the last piece of hope that Barry might see her as more than his best friend. But would Caitlin grown used to the disappointment of Barry choosing another girl over her? In elementary school it was just them, playing tag at recess, learning how to multiply in math, and having sleepovers that would last all weekend. It was good. In middle school they had met Cisco and Felicity and quickly became friends with them. It was good. Then in high school, freshman year puberty began. The boys grew taller and looked less child-like, while the girls grew some as well and looked more womanly. However, when Barry decided to try out for the JV football team he became more popular than the other three, but never let it take him away from the three true friends he had. It was okay. In sophomore year Barry had gained more popularity from being the school's JV running back, but never anything come between him and his three most important friends. It was okay. Now in junior year life was a blur. Between being on the varsity football team, school, and the constant presence of people, Barry had little time to hang out with Caitlin, Cisco, and Felicity.

"You okay?" He asked noticing her sudden change in attitude. He took a step towards her, taking note of her biting her lip behind a curtain of auburn hair.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked refraining from coming out of the curtain of hair she so well hid behind in classes.

"You're not looking directly at me like you were not even five minutes ago." Barry said. Adjusting her gaze, she met his now confused and slightly worried green eyes.

"I just don't know how I'm supposed to help you with your want to ask Iris out." Caitlin lied, trying to keep her voice and face steady.

"You helped Cisco ask out Gypsy remember? Why are the circumstances different for me?" Barry asked.

It was a simple question, but to Caitlin it was a riddle.

"Unlike her, Gypsy isn't that popular so it wasn't hard to get Cisco some time to actually talk to her." Caitlin explained and Barry sighed. "But you're popular too so I don't know she might want to."

A glimmer of hope spread across Barry's face and the sky darkened around Caitlin as she watched Barry come up with scenarios in his head of Iris saying yes to going on a date with him. Him. Him, the popular football player. Him, who is so special to her.

"I'm gonna get to class, Felicity is probably waiting for me." Caitlin said not wanting to have this conversation with him anymore.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later about it tonight." Barry said and Caitlin nodded, mumbling her response, "Okay, Barry."

"Tell Felicity I said hi by the way." Barry said before Caitlin could start walking to her first class.

"Will do. Bye." Caitlin mumbled, watching him as he began to walk away backwards, still facing her.

"Bye Cait." He said turning around and walking to the opposite end of the hallway.

Caitlin watched as the guy she knew walked away, leaving her alone in the hallway that began to fill with teenagers.

A/N://
Hi!! Welcome to my first snowbarry fanfic and second overall fanfiction!! So I noticed some things that didn't quite add up in my head so if you have read this before I took some characters out and changed some things that didn't really make sense.

VOTE!!!!
COMMENT!!!!

Thank you for reading, I hoped you liked it, and I'll see you in the next chapter! Bye!

-J*