Chapter Nine: Coming Back

School wasn't like any other day when Caitlin entered the school building. On a normal day she was invisible, but today she felt practically every pair of eyes on her, watching as she walked to her locker. Caitlin did her best to ignore everyone, thinking just of her route that she took every morning to that long empty hallway where Barry told her of his want to ask out the infamous cheerleader.

As she climbed up the stairs and entered the hall. Much to her surprise though, a familiar blond was leaning against her locker.

"Caitlin? Oh thank god your okay!" Felicity ran toward her, engulfing her immediately into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm good." Caitlin reassured her friend, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"I was so worried, your mom called me yesterday and- oh god I was so pissed I slapped Barry without even thinking. I was just so mad, Cisco had to even hold me back from doing worse." The blond rushed to tell the girl in one long drawn out breath.

"You slapped him?" Caitlin's asked surprised. She was surprised by the fact that her computer genius of a friend slapped Barry. But even more surprised that Iris didn't do anything. Did she only bully Caitlin? Perhaps she was easier to pick on than the strong willed girl standing in front of her.

"All I'm saying is that he deserved it." Felicity said following Caitlin to her locker.

"You know Iris kissed him- on the cheek I mean. He had lipstick imprinted like brand on him yesterday." Caitlin mumbled shoving a AP social studies binder into her bag.

"Her lipstick might as well be permeant, it's not like Barry is going to be our friend anymore." Felicity said rolling her eyes.

Caitlin looked away, the sorrow and pain washing over her like a wave before it rolled back and all that was left was the feeling of...emptiness. She didn't know what to feel, jealousy, regret, anger... abandonment?

"Anything else happen?" She asked closing her locker.

"Not that I know of," Felicity said with a shrug. "Are you still planning on going to the game tonight?"

"I'm not sure. Even if I do, there's no way he would see me in the stands." Caitlin responded putting on her book bag.

"Yeah, I will never understand how that works in movies." Felicity said as the two began to walk down the hall.

"That makes two of us." Caitlin said with a smile.

"Hey, let me know if you do decide to go though. I got to get to class early, I'll see you in a few minutes!" Felicity said nudging her shoulder before walking off.

Caitlin was left alone to her own thoughts as she walked to her first class.

"Oh, Caity!" A python of a voice called from behind her.

Caitlin halted mid-step, sucking in a breath before turning around to face the snake. Behind her stood three girls all dressed in their usual cheerleading uniforms.

Iris ran her eyes over Caitlin face, popping a bubble in her mouth. "Lets talk." Iris suggested motioning to her two minions with a snap of her middle finger and thumb and began walking in the opposite direction down a hallway.

Her minions were like Iris, pretty and popular, but that was were the comparisons ended. One was petite with tumbling red waves and brown eyes that stood out against her light complexion and red hair; the other was tall to say the least and had dark brown, almost black tight curls that stopped at her shoulders, her eyes were a startling hazel color that matched her white freckle covered skin.