Chapter Six: Fights and Make ups

Barry nervously ran his figures through his already tousled hair for the third time since arriving at school. It had been two days since his date with Iris, Caitlin started ignoring him, and the rumors began. Felicity wouldn't speak a word to him yesterday, then again she was more of Caitlin's friend than his; Cisco has spoken to him, but only if it's his only option. He didn't know what he was going to do. Should he listen to Iris and her five rules? Or continue to not care what other people thought of him or his choice of friends. The choice was obvious, but Barry's infatuation with Iris created a bias in the decision. If he decided to listen Iris than he would loose his friends, but if he didn't than Iris could loose interest in him. True, he didn't care about popularity, but what if all this time he had gotten highschool wrong? What if the reason he didn't really have any other popular friends other than Oliver was because of Caitlin, Cisco, and Felicity? Did that mean he had to kick three people out of his life? Was a girl who might not even be his endgame worth the loss of his friends?

Barry saw the familiar face of Caitlin Snow leaning against her locker, her face covered by her hands. His curiosity peeked and he began to approach the honey brunette.

"Hey, Barry!" Iris called when Barry was within seven feet of Caitlin, catching Barry off guard and Caitlin's attention.

"Hey, Iris." Barry said as Iris linked arms with him, leading him in the other direction and far from the teary eyed brunette who watched the two go with hurt coursing through her body.

"So did you think anymore about the rules and my offer?" She asked with a persuasive smile.

"Of course I have, but it's a hard decision to make." Barry said. Iris stuck out her lip.

"Oh of course it is, Barr." She said with a high pitched voice, pretending to feel bad for him. "I'm sorry for rushing you about this, but it's better if you forget your friends before the rumors start to ruin your soon to be high reputation." Iris felt no sympathy for Caitlin. She had been in Iris's way of everything for far too long.

"I tried to apologize to Caitlin but she's been ignoring me for the past two days." Barry confessed with a sad expression on his face.

A sneer appeared on Iris's face, "It's for the best, Barr." She said, the fake assurance dripping off her tongue as she used the same high pitched voice as before.

"You think so?" He asked meeting her manipulative eyes.

"Don't you trust me?" She asked batting her eye lashes.

"Yeah." Barry said to the sneering cheerleader. He his trust was candy, and gave away it to every person who would take it.

"How about if go and see a movie tomorrow night after the game? Maybe that would make you feel better." Iris suggested, knowing Barry wouldn't turn down a date with her.

"Sounds good." He said not believing that she actually wanted to go on another date with him.

"Okay, Barry." Iris exclaimed and pressed her red freshly redone lips that had yet to dry on his cheek, closer to his lips this time. "See you at practice tonight."

Barry watched as the cheerleader walked off. Knowing that Barry was still watching, she made an effort to sway her hips.

"Tomorrow." He whispered to himself, smiling.

He numbly walked down the hallway, his thoughts consumed by the darker skinned cheerleader. Turning to walk down a hallway he spotted Caitlin in almost the same position as he had seen her before Iris led him away.

"Cait?" He asked approaching the girl sitting on the floor with her hands covering her face.

Her face left her hands with a jolt, startled by his voice but didn't say anything as her eyes roamed his face before stopping at a spot on his cheek near his lips. There laid a smudge of Iris's signature lipstick that was too close to his lips for Caitlin's liking.