Chapter Five: The Date

Barry's fingers ran through his hair as waited by the science door for Caitlin. He skipped 6th period, knowing that he will regret it later but needed to apologize to her. The bell ran and doom enough Caitlin came walking down the hallway, her attention solely on her book as she walked. So cliché, Barry thought to himself as he slowly approached her.
"You know you'll hit someone if you don't pay attention." Barry said coming up behind her.

Caitlin jumped and looked around aimlessly till her deep brown eyes found Barry standing behind her.

"You really enjoy scaring me, don't you?" She asked closing the book and meeting his eyes.

Barry was shocked by the fact that she was actually talking to him. "Caitlin, I'm really sorry. All these rumors about you and everything is my fault." He said taking a step towards her.

Caitlin watched him as she thought. Sure the apology meant a lot to her, but rumors were still arising and dying as the day went on. Instead of answering she simply turned and entered the classroom.

"Caitlin?" Barry asked confused, following her into the classroom and to her seat.

She didn't answer, didn't even look up as a confused expression covered his face.

Students began to fill the room and the bell rang and Caitlin still didn't speak a word to him. He sat down next to her, determined to get a word out of her even if he had to stare at her the whole period. Which he did after finishing the science test. When Caitlin realized he was staring after finishing as well her cheeks became rosy, but still didn't speak. She was doing her best to ignore him like he had ignored her that morning. It wasn't Barry's fault that he didn't know she was standing near him and Iris when he asked her out or how Iris kissed him in spite of Caitlin, but it felt like her only option. Despite how unfair it actually was. Caitlin succeeded in not speaking to him all period and when the bell rang, she left before Barry could say bye.

Barry had left the class frustrated at himself and the world; he walked with his head down, clearly upset.

"Hey, Barry." Oliver said with a wave as he passed.

"Hey, Oliver." Barry responded waving back at the taller quarterback and stood next to his car.

"You good? So happened with Iris?" He asked.

"Umm, not exactly but I did ask her out this morning and she said yes." Barry said not sounding very enthusiastic, but Oliver smirked.

"Good job, but if she said yes shouldn't you be happier?" He asked and Barry sighed.

"About that...I ended up somehow causing all these rumors about Caitlin to spread and now she's ignoring me. I honestly don't know what to do man." Barry explained leaning against his mustang

"I heard about that, but try talking to her. You two have been friends for a while and I'm sure it everything will end up fine." Oliver assured him.

"Thanks, Oliver." Barry said.

"And about Iris, I know you like her but-"

"Hey Oliver, Barry." Iris said suddenly interrupting in their conversation. She stood between them and winked at Oliver.

"Hey Iris." Oliver muttered rolling his eyes, "I'll see you later, Barry." He walked away towards the end of the parking lot to his car.

"Bye." Barry said with a wave. "You ready?" He looked at Iris as she was watching Oliver.
"He's so hot, too bad for that looser." She rolled her eyes and faced Barry.

"What looser?" Barry asked raising an eyebrow at the popular cheerleader.

"Oh that annoying Felugly girl." She said rolling her eyes.