Chapter Fourteen: When Hurt Leads to Forgivness

"Iris?" Barry asked again, utter confusion lacing into his voice.

"Barry?!" Iris jumped, pulling her hand away from Caitlin.

"What- what are you doing?" He paused glancing between the cheerleader standing over his old friend like a predator. He noticed Caitlin-his Caitlin turned away from Iris. It looked like she was waiting for the pain to come, but when it never did she opened her eyes and rolled over to face the crowd, Iris, and Barry. Teary eyes glanced between Barry and Iris numerous times before resting on the familiar pair of green eyes that always seemed to comfort her.

"I'm giving her what she deserves." Iris muttered looking down on Caitlin as if she were a pest that needed to be squashed.

"Barry- " Caitlin mumbled before a heel was shoved into her stomach.

"Iris, stop you're hurting her!" Barry exclaimed, his voice cracking.

"I'm doing this for you! She hurt you! She left you! She deserves much worse than this! She didn't even want to be your friend anymore, Barry! Why do you still want to protect her?! Why do you still care?! She's nothing!! She's a dandelion- a worthless weed wanting and wishing for something she will never have." Iris responded, venom lacing itself onto every word that left slid off her tongue. Leaning down, she began to pull Caitlin's semi-limp body off the floor and dragged it like a mop into the center of the hallway. Cisco yelled for Iris to stop, practically screaming at her to drop his friend. Barry felt his mouth fall open. She kicked Caitlin again and Barry couldn't help wincing as the front of the heel was forced into the stomach of a girl he used to be best friends with.

"Iris, if you're really doing this for me stop hurting her!" Barry yelled as fast as he could. He had to stop this before it got even more out of hand. He began to wonder why no teachers or administrators had showed up after hearing all the commotion.

Iris drew out a long sigh and sneered down at Caitlin. "Guess today's your lucky day." She walked away, linking arms with Barry and taking him with her as she left. Caitlin watched as Barry glanced back at her, offering her a small smile before being dragged away.

The by-standards fled to their buses in small groups, leaving less and less to sorrowfully stare at Caitlin each time. Something at the pit of her stomach ached, begging for her to just scream out in agony, or just to let out all the tears that she has held back for the last three years. Cisco ran to her, making sure that she was as okay as she could be under the circumstances. He ended up bringing her home, making sure she was okay again before he left.

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" He asked concerned.

"Cisco, we both know this is not the first time this has happened." Caitlin reminded him. She didn't want to take up any more of his time. Honestly, Caitlin didn't know what Iris would've done to Cisco, and didn't want to find out. Right now all she wanted was to curl up in front of the television with a good movie and a tub of ice cream.

"I'm sorry. You of all people should not be going through this." Caitlin smiled sadly at this and pulled her friend into a hug.

"Thank you," She whispered into his shoulder, clutching him for as long as she could before he would change his mind about leaving her alone.

"And you swear that your mom will be home soon?" Cisco asked pulling out of the embrace.

"I swear." She said smiling at her friend's constant concern.

"Okay, well I promised Gypsy that I would meet her for dinner in like twenty minutes, so I better get going." Cisco pulled her into an embrace before letting go and turning to walk back to his car. "Caitlin, please call me if you need anything, unlike some people I won't choose some cheerleader over my friend."