Chapter Two: Avoidence

"So he asked you to hang out and then ruined it by saying that he wanted advice in asking out that-that reptile?!" Felicity asked unable to control her radioactive energy.

"Yep." Caitlin muttered as she wrote down the math notes from the board.

"Has he even had a conversation with her?" Felicity asked, continuing to pester her instead of copying the notes down.

"Maybe, I mean he is the most popular football player under Oliver." She said, her eyes dropping from the white board to get lost in a world where all this popularity didn't exist.

With a role of her eyes Felicity muttered a warning as she wrote, "She's gonna change him y'know."

Caitlin's focus shifted from arithmetic equations to her Scarlett Speedster, as she frequently called him since elementary school.

The last thing she wanted was her geek of a crush being broken by some self absorbed cheerleader. Caitlin knew heart brake more than she'd care to admit and that was not something that Barry should experience.

"You think I should do it?" Caitlin muttered, looking at the blonde computer genius in the making next to her.

"For you? No, never. But for him? Caitlin I couldn't imagine you not doing something for him." She responded with an sympathetic look.

"So how is Oliver?" Caitlin asked with a knowing smile. "You still like him?"

"Caitlin." Felicity warned with a glance.

"Excuse me, Miss. Smoak Miss. Snow, is there some reason you feel like disrupting my class?" Mr. Rodriguez asked and all eyes in the class turned towards the blond and auburn.

"No sir." The two said in unison.

"Then why don't we all pay attention to the board, hmm?" Mr. Rodriguez hummed turning back towards the board.

Six hours of school later and Caitlin was finally in her last period. It was the only class after lunch that she looked forward to. The reason for it was mainly because of her lab partner, her Scarlett Speedster. Caitlin was one of the first people in the room when she walked in. Like always, she sat in the second row in the front left, third seat down.

Caitlin didn't have many friends at school, unlike Barry. Not only was she anti-social, but she was also picky about who she became friends with and could read people very well.

After maybe a dozen or so students walked in, Caitlin caught sight of her lab partner.

"Hey Barry." Caitlin said watching as he set his book bag down and sat on the uncomfortable stool.

"Hey Cait." Barry said with a smile. "So can you still come over tonight?" His breath tickled he cheek as he leaned in to whisper.

"Yep." Caitlin said trying not to fumble over her words due to the lack of space between them.

"Cool." Barry smiled leaning back and focusing on the board as Mr. Wells began his lecture.

Throughout the lecture Barry kept falling behind on the notes, causing Caitlin to move her arm so Barry could copy her notes as she listened and wrote. It was an undiscussed law between them when one fell behind the other gave them their notes.

**

The bell had rung some time later, signaling the end of the school day.

"Don't forget the unit four test is tomorrow! Come to class prepared!" Mr.Wells announced before the students could dismiss themselves from class.

Being one of the first to walk out, Caitlin went to her locker to retrieve her binders for the next day.