2. The Rules

I push on the white bars of the glass doors and come to an empty hall, there are one or two students at the lockers but the rest are in class. As they should be since it's 9:24. Class started at 8 and the second period has already begun.

After 10 minutes of me wandering around like an idiot hopelessly lost I finally found the main office. A revolving fan buzzed on the front desk and plump middle aged women looked up from her book and eyed me up and down.

she sighed, "shouldn't you be in class, little miss?", she grumbled.

I breathed in, determined to at least try and not make a bad first impression. So I put on my biggest, Cheeziest fake smile ever and walked up to her resting my elbows on the desk.

"Hi, there It's Cassia Davis actually, sorry for inconveniencing you but I'm new here and got stuck in bad traffic so I'm a tad late to class, is there any chance you can give me my schedule and maybe a pass for being late?"

She pushed her glasses down her nose and gave me a forced smile, "Hun I don't know where you came from but this is a small town, and we haven't had bad traffic here for 20 years, there are only two high schools in this here town go try the other one, maybe they'll give you a late pass", she said squinting her eyes at me finishing it off a nasty frown.

That's it no more Miss Nice Cassia

"Look, I have already enrolled in this high school so I don't give a damn how many high schools there are, you can either give me my schedule and a late pass and I can be on my merry way, or you can shove it, while I go to the principal and get you fired for not giving a new student her information." I finish it off with a sarcastic grin.

She grumbles something under her breath and starts typing on her computer the mechanical sound of the printer ejecting ink onto paper soon fills my ears, she swivels across the floor on her chair then back to me hands me the papers without looking me in the eye.

"Thanks so much", I say overly cherry.

★★★★★

My heart pounding in my chest I stare at the door and look in through the slim rectangle window. I put my hand on the cold, silver door handle and push down. The clicking of the door opening alerts everyone and suddenly all eyes are on me. No one says anything and in attempt to fill the silence I do the first thing that comes to mind.

"Uh hey", I say giving a little wave earning me a few chuckles from around the room.

The teacher looks at me and back at his computer.

"I take it you're the new student?"

"Yup", I say popping the 'p'

"Well, now you have our attention why don't you introduce yourself.", he says leaning on his desk.

As if this day wasn't going to get worse.

I sigh, "Well my name's Cassia Davis, I just moved here a couple of days ago and... yeah"

"Well I'm Mr Daniels take a seat"

Now was really the first time I actually took to look at the class, There was only one seat left at the back of the class next to a guy with glasses, shoving his index finger up his nose. I cringe, that can't be healthy.

I sit down next to him and he doesn't even give me a second glance. I try to ignore the flying mucus being flung all over the desk for the next 25 minutes while the teacher drones on about square roots.

When the bell finally rings I am up and out of that room in 10 seconds flat, I take out my schedule and start uncrumpling it as I'm walking I don't pay any attention as I look down trying to navigate my way to my next class and all of a sudden I run into a wall, a very buff wall and suddenly I'm flat on my ass for the second time today. 

The bruises on my lower back ached, pain shooting through the rest of my body, I wince and look up. The wall looked down at me.

"Uh, sorry", He said scratching the back of his head.

Did I mention this was a very HOT looking wall?

He grabbed my arm and pulled me up, right where the bruise was, I stopped myself from cringing and gave a forced smile.

"It's fine", I grumble 

He looks down at me, God his eyes, Why are they so damn green?

"Name's Damon", He says giving me that typical bad boy smirk.

"Nice name Damon", I say bluntly before turning away and promptly walking down the hall.

No friends, No boyfriends, Be back by 4 or Be punished.

Those were the rules, and I am not breaking them again.