4. Blood and Bruises

I stood at the front of the flat, Looking up at the porch.

I am so screwed.

My heart pounded in my chest, to the point where I thought it would pop. A lone tear escaped my eye and travelled down my left cheek. I know what's coming but I can't avoid it for much longer. 

I walked up the steps and slowly turned the key in the door. The living room was dark and mouldy like it was when I left it this morning. The only difference was the outline of a man sitting on the couch, with a beer bottle in his hand.

I tried to close the door as quietly as I could but because I'm the luckiest person on the planet the whole door and floorboards underneath it creaked so loud I'm sure China heard.

"Cassia", Tony mumbled from the couch

I looked at the floor but a whimper escaped my lips. I cursed myself for sounding weak.

"YOUR LATE", he screamed throwing the beer bottle against the wall, Glass shattering everywhere while the slimy liquid dripped down the mustard colour wallpaper that was peeling in all corners.

"I-I'm s-sorry d-daddy", I cried tears flowing down my face uncontrollably. 

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?", he shouting walking over to me, Grabbing my hair and yanking on it, Pulling my face right up to his mouth.

I could smell the stench of alcohol on his breath. 

"Listen to me Cassia, If you EVER call me 'Dad' again I will personally end your miserable life myself, It that understood?"

I began shaking uncontrollably. "Y-Yes T-T-Tony, S-Sorry"

"Now time for your punishment, girl"

I think my heart stopped altogether at those words.

I looked up at him "W-What?", Making eye contact was my first mistake because not less than a second after I was greeted with a hard right hook to the eye. That'll be black tomorrow for sure.

He followed up the right hook with a jab to the jaw, cutting the corner of my lip open. Then grabbed me by the hair for the second time and threw me to the ground. he kicked me five times in the ribs and I'm positive I heard a couple of cracks.

He finished off with another punch in the face as I felt unconsciousness taking over the last thing I heard was his voice in my ear.

"If you break another rule Cassia, Next time I won't be as forgiving"

★★★★★

When I woke up that night It was around 2 am, I crawled up the stairs, too sore to get to stand. I heaved myself up into the bath and ran the water. I looked down at my body, my ribs were all bruised on my left side and I had a black eye, as well as a bleeding lip and I couldn't stop myself from crying. 

"Why, Why me? I cried silently 

IMPORTANT

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey guys, so I just want to say something, This chapter was really just an insight to what Cassia has been dealing with her entire life. 

The main plot and drama is going to start happening from now on..