3. Stormy Days

The rest of the day went by surprisingly smoothly, I got through period 3 and 4 with no unexpected hiccups and finally got to my favourite part of the day. Lunch.

I walk up to the serving counter grinning, Pizza, Hot chips and something that looked like beans decorated the trays. God did it look good. Yes, it wasn't exactly gourmet but I pretty much relied on school meals. 

My Father of the year, Tony never let me eat anything at home. He said Food was to be earned and no matter how hard I tried I never seemed to earn anything. So what do I eat in the weekend you ask? Well, Mel used to give me what she called a 'Survival Kit' every Friday. Full of pre-cooked meals, chocolate bars, Nuts. More than enough to last the weekend.

Mel was probably my best friend, My only friend. She was the only one in the world who knew my secrets, She knew my soul down to the core.

God how I missed her. I don't know what I am going to do so I guess cherishing the school meals was my only hope for now.

I sit down at a lone table in the corner of the cafeteria and start devouring my meal, I may have piled on more food than I was supposed to for one meal but I knew it would be at least 12 hours if not more till I next ate.

The chair on my left creaked and I looked up to a see a gorgeous girl with olive skin and electric pink hair smiling widely at me while she took a seat. The girl next to her was equally as beautiful with dark brown ombre hair that ended just above her collarbone. 

"Hey, my name's Luci and grumpy pants over there is Sofia", pink hair girl said looking down at me.

"Uh...hi?", It came out more as a question than a greeting.

"So what drove you out of your last town", Sofia asked casually

My heart rate quickened and I immediately went into Suspicious Cassia Mode,

"Excuse me?", I said narrowing my eyes.

"Uh, I think what Sofia meant to say was what brings you to town, It's quite small and we don't really get new people coming often."

My pulse slowed. Shit think of an excuse quick.

"My dad got laid off in the last town, We needed a fresh start so we moved here", I said so it sounded like a matter of fact.

It was certainly better than. 'I'm constantly abused by my father and people were noticing my bruises and cuts so we fled town for the third time, But it actually worked in my favour cause I'm also on the run from my crazy ex, How's your day going?'

Thankfully she believed my normal sounding excuse.

"Well If you're bored give me a call and we'll hang out", Luci said

And with that, I knew it was my cue to leave. No friends.

"Uh yeah", I began packing up my stuff but before I even knew what was happening She grabbed my phone from the table and starting adding her and Sofia as a contact.

"A flip phone? seriously.", Sofia said smirking.

"Oh come on Sofia, It cute. Kinda retro"

I gave a nervous giggle and began got up from my chair.

"Hey, where you going?", She shouted.

I was about to open my mouth and spew another lame excuse but I was interrupted by the bell. 

I let out a sigh of relief, Saved by the bell.

★★★★★

"Great, Just Fan- fucking-tastic" I mumble to myself as I'm walking home.

The rain came down harder and harder as each minute passed. I looked around. No bus shelters or anything, Not even a god damn tree.

I Just continued to walk but now the wind was picking up and it got to the point where I was actually leaning into the wind just to take a step forward and just when I thought I couldn't get any worse than this.

It started fucking Hailing.

"MOTHER FUCKER", I screamed into the rain but my voice was drowned out by the wind.

" ow....ow....ouch...ow...ouch...little shits", Who knew hail could hurt this bad.

I could faintly hear the roar of an engine come from behind me, But I put it under my imagination because anyone who is trying in his kind of weather is downright batshit crazy.

But to my surprise, There was a car and it pulled up beside me. The window started rolling down and I was face to face with the wall that ran into me earlier today. What was his name again Daniel?...Darron?

He laughed at me as I continued to try force my way through the wind.

"You need a ride, Princess?"

I stare at him confused, "WHAAAAT DID YOU SAY?"

All I could hear was the wind whistling in my ears.

"I SAID, DO YOU NEED A RIIDE???"

I had an internal debate with myself, there was no use in me walking I was barely getting 2cm in the 20 minutes I had been walking. So I made a decision I still don't know If I regret. I got in the car.

"Thanks, Darron"

"Damon actually."

I was shivering like crazy, I felt soaked down to the bone. He must have noticed cause he blasting the heating on high.

"T-Thanks"

"So I Obviously can't drive in this weather, So you're gonna have to stick it out with me for a little while, Elmo"

I almost choked on my own spit, "ELMO?"

He laughed, " Well your cheeks are so red you look like Elmo, and you refused to tell me your name earlier so"

I huffed.

"So, I take it you're new in town. How is going?"

"Fine"

"Well someones chatty"

I don't care if this guy is nice or not. I will not trust him.I can't trust him. Not after Noah.

The rain didn't really stop for another hour, He talked and most of my replies were along the lines of 'yeah...okay..uh huh'

I was so lost in thought by the time the rain stopped. I completely forgot about the time. My pulse quickened at the realisation.

"Uhh, D-Damon what time is it?'

"5:15, why?"

Shit. Oh, shittty shit shit shit.

I opened the door and before he could object I grabbed my bag and got up out of the Italian leather sticking to my wet jeans.

"Thanks for waiting out the storm, I got to go, late for a meeting"

And with that, I sprinted like my life depended on it all the way to the 2 bedroom flat on the 'bad side of town'. Because My life DOES depend on it. 

I had broken one of the rules. I hadn't even been here for a week and I had already broken the most important rule.

Be back by 4.