That moldy Place

That moldy place

Tony did not like Hogwarts. At all. Not only was this old, moldy place not the least bit after his own very modern taste, but it was actively trying to take his last living family member from him.

Last year at least Tony had immediately gotten the message that Harry was safe. So he had tried to do the cool thing and hadn't flown to Scotland. Instead he had gotten somewhat drunk, found company to distract him and had hugged Harry extra hard, when he came home for the summer. Not even six months after the death of their parents and he had almost lost Harry, too. Thank God for Rhodey, who might have been a new friend, but made sure Tony was okay anyway.

This time was different, though. Of course Tony knew of the attacks. He had wanted to take Harry out of the school that was haunted by a maniac, a monster or both. His little brother had refused, though. He claimed it was about his education (he'd hire a tutor), his friends (they could come live with them where it was safe) and the fact that he wouldn't bow to terror (stupid, noble git). None of these things justified the huuuuge fuckup of Harry being missing!

The Weasleys, who actually had TWO children missing, had thankfully waited for Tony to arrive at their home in Devon, before taking him with them to Hogwarts. Via the Floo. Well, at least he didn't get lost.

He had met the Weasleys last summer, they had met up with them and Hermione's parents to buy the school things for the kids' second year and although he would never admit it, Tony had been really thankful to not have to do all of that by himself. Both Obie and Aunt Peggy had offered to join, but neither of them knew about magic, so Tony and Harry had declined.

Now they were sitting next to him, looking just as terrible as Tony felt. Ginny (tiny, ginger Ginny) had apparently been taken down into the monster's lair and it looked like Ron and Harry, those idiots, had gone after her.

"Did they tell someone what they were planning?", Arthur asked sounding just as tired, as Tony felt.

"No.", Albus Dumbledore told them gravely, "But they are missing and it is no secret that they... well."

"Are really nosy.", Tony continued for him, pinching his nose.

Molly made a sound between a sniffle and a sad laugh.

"They were really effected by Miss Granger's petrification.", Professor McGonagall continued. She, too, looked like she was about to cry, "And one of our Professors went missing as well. At first we thought he might have flet the castle, but his personal belongings are still in his study.", Dumbledore explained.

"You think the Professor might have taken them and they are not in the chamber at all? ", Tony hoped.

"Very doubtful. Professor Lockhart does not seem capable of taking two second year students against their will."

"You mean he wouldn't do that?", Arthur asked carefully.

"No. I really don't think he is capable.", McGonagall told them grimly. Molly gave another sniffle.

"Would Harry and Ron have been able to find the chamber by themselves?", Arthur looked confused.

God bless his naive heart, Tony thought.

"Yes. But they would have said something. It must have been spontaneous. Or not. Maybe they thought no one would believe them again. "

At least the two Professors had the decency to look ashamed.

"Have they said anything in their letters home that we can use? Something that might be of help?", Dumbledore was mainly adressing Tony now.

"Harry was worried about a voice in the walls.", Tony admitted. Harry had made him promise not to say anything, afraid people would think he was going crazy, but right now every little thing could help. And a voice in the walls was not little.