Loss

Loss

Wanda hit the floor with a jolt, letting go of Harry immediately and gripping the nearest bookcase for support.

"What the actual...", she heard Scott groan.

"Welcome to the concept of apparation.", Clint told their new teammate.

"It's... something."

Wanda looked around. They were in a nice, bright room full of bookcases, a massive TV-set and a huge, very comfortable looking couch.

"Where are we?", Sam asked, staring past Wanda, "And why is there a Skyrim poster on that wall?!"

"We are still in Germany, less than an hour away from Leipzig. Jena, actually. I didn't want to take that many people too far. It increases the danger of... well, the danger.", Harry explained.

"Of what now?!", Scott asked, his voice slightly higher than that morning.

"Not important. Nothing happened.", Harry told him sternly.

Wanda walked over to the window. The garden was slightly wild looking, with herbs and things growing in between a whole lot of cherry trees, two of the biggest ones had tree houses in them, connected through a swing bridge. That was a dead giveaway to Wanda.

"This is one of your houses.", she stated.

Harry smiled at her. "Indeed it is. Let's move out, though."

They left the living room and walked through the hallway towards the front-door.

"Great.", Harry moaned, "Walking out like this will destroy every bit of anonymity I've ever had around here."

Still, he opened the door and ushered them all outside.

"It's a ten minute walk, so let's hurry.", he declared and took the lead.

"What's a ten minute walk? Where are we even going?", Clint huffed, but followed nonetheless.

"I keep a Quinjet in a barn not far from here.", Harry explained, "Hallo, Herr Voigt!"

The man in question looked at them open mouthed from behind his fence.

"He's not a big gossip, maybe I'm safe.", Harry hoped.

"I... what?!", Scott asked, "I am so confused."

"Why do you keep a Quinjet near your vacation home?", Sam asked.

"Because I am a paranoid bastard."

They reached the top of a hill and looked down over a beautiful, bright green valley, filled to the brim with houses.

"Wow. Wait..is that a castle? It's a castle. Is Germany that much of cliché?", Scott asked, looking around wildly.

Harry just laughed, leading them even higher up the path, until they reached a clearing and what looked like an old, wooden barn.

Harry moved his wand casually and the door opened for them, the promised Quinjet inside.

"We are way behind them, but it should work out. In this case I hope late is better than never."

"I am still not over the Skyrim poster.", Clint declared.

"Harry was an adventurer.", Wanda deadpanned, "Like you."

"What? How do you...?"

"Guys, really. Let's just not right now.", Harry interrupted them, "How did I get stuck with the unprofessional ones?"

They all got on board, Harry claiming the pilot seat and hitting a button on the dashboard.

"Invisibility is still the best thing.", he grinned and they were out of the barn before anyone had even registered that.