Chapter 1: From Young to Old

Harry Potter, the Forgotten Twin

Summary: Michael Potter is the Boy-Who-Lived and is spoiled rotten, while his twin Harry is neglected. So Harry runs away!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters you recognize.

Chapter 1: From Young to Old

August 7, 1985, Potter Manor

A small boy of five years old slowly crept out of the large mansion home that he lived in. In his hands was a small trunk, big enough to fit all of his clothes, a small blanket, and several golden coins that he pilfered from the cabinet in his parents' room.

He took paused every three steps to listen for noise, to see if anyone was up. Why was such a young boy running away from a life of assumed indulgence and extravagance? Well, his name was Harry Potter, and as of now, it was a name synonymous of neglected, ignored, and shunned. His twin, Michael Potter, defeated the most evil of all wizards at the age of one. Well, that's what the Headmaster of Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, claimed. So, while Michael got anything he wanted, Harry had to silently fight for survival.

The final point that finally caused the young Harry to leave happened a week ago. It was the day of his fifth birthday, and like any young boy, was excited about his party and the presents. When the guests started arriving, all brought large and extravagant presents for one of the two twins: Michael. The adults seemed to dote on Harry's slightly pudgy twin and ignored Harry himself. Even his own parents forgot about him! Proof of this was the cake they brought out. The words "Happy birthday Michael!" were written in icing on the cake. No mention of Harry was to be made at all that day, and the young boy trudged up slowly to his room, large tears in his eyes.

To say he was only sad was a giant understatement. He felt horrible. His parents ignored him and talked to him as if he were someone else's adorable five year old son. Most of the time they didn't even remember he was here! And thus started Harry's planning to running away.

Now back to the present, the young five year old ran the last few steps before turning back around, determination in his vivid green eyes.

"Goodbye," he whispered quietly, and that was the last anyone saw of him.