Chapter 10: Order's View

Order's View

After this new masked entity engaged Bellatrix Lestrange in a fight, whispers started up among the people present.

"Who is this guy?"

"That man is suicidal!"

"Lestrange is gonna kill him!"

The whispers soon died down when Voldemort's heritage was revealed. Everyone was in shock at the truth of the most evil Dark Lord in a century being a half blood. Everyone that is, except Dumbledore.

When the man told the story of Tom's past, Dumbledore's eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped open. He was surprised beyond belief. He assumed that he was only one to know of Tom's history, but it appears he was proved wrong today.

After the story telling was over, the whispers started up again about this new revelation. Once again, the whispers disappeared when Bellatrix was cut into two. Shock adorned the people's face, and the Death Eater zombies' fall brought them out of their stupor.

The first one to react was Albus, who sped off towards the one who defeated Lestrange. He got their so fast that some people thought he apparated there.

"Excuse me young man!" the old headmaster called out to the newcomer, who was about to take his leave. The newcomer turned his head back slowly and his piercing green gaze was locked onto Albus himself. "Will you please come with me? I'd like to talk to you...privately."

The newcomer thought about it for a few seconds before he responded.

Joker's face turned back to Dumbledore after he called for his attention, who he noticed was far ahead from the rest of the crowd.

"Will you please come with me? I'd like to talk to you...privately."

Joker stopped and thought about it for a few seconds.

'Hmmm...do I want to talk to them? Well not really...but it's just a talk right? It's not like they're gonna ask for my help, and even if they did, I'd charge them.'

"Alright," he finally said. "I'll come and talk with you."

Dumbledore, the newcomer, and the senior "council" of the Order stood in the Headmaster's office in Hogwarts. The silence was awkward, and was finally broken

"So...who are you?" a man asked. The black-haired man, whose gray eyes sparkled with admiration, looked like he was about to bow down before the newcomer who had defeated and killed his cousin Bellatrix in a duel.

Joker ignored the man who asked him a question, instead taking a look around the office. He noticed several prominent members, like Sirius Black, who was the one who tried to get his identity, Arthur Weasley, patriach of the Weasley family, Remus Lupin, known werewolf, Mad-Eye Moody, most paranoid auror, Elphias Doge, an elderly man rumored to be as old as Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, Dumbledore's right hand woman, Kingsley Shacklebolt, an accomplished auror, Severus Snape, ex-Death Eater, Edgar and Amelia Bones, a pair of powerful Aurors, Frank and Alice Longbottom, also powerful Aurors and finally, James and Lily Potter.

Joker's lips curled in disgust as he looked at the Potters. It was these two that caused him to run away about ten years ago.

Finally deciding to speak up, the Joker replied, "You can call me Joker."

"Please, please, let's not fight," Dumbledore said, placating the upcoming fight. "Now, Mr. Joker, can you tell me what you were doing here in Hogsmeade when the Death Eaters attacked?"

"I'm an assassin, plan and simple, and some lady hired me to kill Lestrange. After getting the request, I waited until I received news of an attack, and well what do you know? Lestrange happened to be here," he finished with a shrug.

All of the people present recoiled in shock at this blunt admission. An assassin? Who would hire such people?

Before anyone could say anything though, Dumbledore asked another question. "Who hired you?"

The Joker snorted. "I'm an assassin remember? It wouldn't be good for business if I told everyone who my clients are. Nof if you don't mind, I really need to go and collect my reward."

That's when disaster (for the Joker) struck.

Just as he turned to leave, Sirius Black bounced right up to him and slapped him on the back, meaning to congratulate him on offing his despicable cousin. Unfortunately, during the fight, the bands that kept the mask on his face were loosened by the fighting, and Black's hard thump of the back knocked the mask straight off.

Everyone was frozen in shock when they saw the masked man's face. His messy jet black hair was familiar, and his emerald green eyes were unmistakable. The lightning bolt scar on his forehead, was what everyone noticed.

Lily, who was quietly standing with her husband James off to the side, choked. "H-H-Harry?"