Chapter 6: A New Job

November 19, 1995, Location Unknown

A young man dressed in a plain black robe burst through the door. He strode over to a couch in a fairly large apartment, where he took off his robes to reveal a mop of messy black hair and a pair of smouldering green eyes. He ran his hand through his hair to reveal a wicked-looking scar in the shape of a lightening bolt. Underneath his robes he wore a vest made of the finest dragon hide vest available that matched his dragon hide boots. He also had on a pair of black silk pants that was the same color as his hair. Following that, he reached his hand up to his covered face and removed a special mask was silver in color, and the shape was that of a smiling Joker whose grin looked plain evil. One might say that it was the face of the devil's.

After removing his mask, he unstrapped a plethora of things that were concealed on his body. Off came a pair of black short swords, several throwing knives, two black daggers with curved blades, several potions that were strapped to a belt around his waist, and a deck of cards that all had his symbol on it: a Joker. Even the cards were considered weapons by his friends, many of whom were in the same job profession as he.

When he graduated from his school, a mentor gave him a deck of charmed cards that could be used like a throwing knife; that is, the cards could be thrown and could cut through flesh like a knife through butter. He himself had charmed the cards to look the way they currently did, and he was quite proud of his work.

The Joker had come back to his unplottable home after another successful job. His bank account had also "suddenly" increased by several million US dollars. He was very satisfied with his job. After all, it's not every day that one worked as an assassin for governments around the world and for private rich people. His latest job was to "erase" the newest drug kingpin to arise in Cuba, and the US government were more than happy to provide him with some luxuries to keep his silence when he finished.

As he finished undressing, he stepped into the bath that a house elf had prepared for him and relaxed. This was the only time that he was ever without his weapons. Not even when he slept did he let go of his things, as they had saved his life many times.

Several hours later, he got up out of the bath and dried himself off with a large fluffy towel. When he was totally dry, he slowly put on his clothes. First it was the dragon hide vest; then came a slightly loose black t-shirt; after that came his black silk pants; after the pants came his boots; after the boots came the elaborate set up of weapons that he normally had on him; and finally, after the weapons, came a thick black cloak that concealed all his weapons and covered his face. This cloak happened to be very special to him, since it came from a mentor and had the magical ability to conceal his face so that whoever looked in would not see a thing. The cloak was also spelled to be resistant to the weather, all minor curses, and to Accio charms.

Just as he finished dressing himself, a ring sounded through the apartment.

"Alright, alright, damn phone. Who the hell is calling me now?" He picked up the cellphone that was lying on the table in the kitchen and pressed the green button which would allow who ever was calling to talk to him.

"Hey Joker, I got another job for you. Some old lady wants you to take someone out."

"Yeah, John, I got it. How much am I getting paid for this one, who am I offing, is there a time frame, and do you have any information about where I could find the target?" the Joker asked. John was one of the Joker's informants, and also was a friend who went to the same school as he did. Although the Joker specialized in assassinations, stealth, and recovery missions, John prided himself as the best when it came to reconnaissance, spying, and information gathering missions.

"Your client is offering 600,000 galleons, you're offing Bellatrix Lestrange, the old lady said as soon as possible, and I have no idea where to find your target," John replied, slightly amused, as he even, a Muggle, knew who Bellatrix Lestrange was. Although he knew about the world of Magic, as did all their classmates, he misunderstood about how feared Lestrange actually was.

Joker's eyes widened when he heard that his new client was offering galleons. This meant that the person was a witch, and he didn't get too many job offers from the magical folk (too arrogant to hire others to do their dirty work, Joker claimed). And to think, his target was Bellatrix Lestrange. THE Bellatrix Lestrange! The crazy right hand woman of the Dark Lord Voldemort! This made finding her so much easier. He just had to wait for news of a raid and he would (more than likely) be able to find her. His spy network was so large that if a raid happened anywhere in England, he'd know about it instantly.

Now all he could do was sit back and relax, until his informants gave him any new information.