Chapter 3: A Hooded Man

A hooded man with a cane strode down an alley quickly. His blond hair was out of place as he got excited at the thought of torturing the man who was following him and getting information for his revered Lord. Oh yes, he sensed a pair of eyes on his back the moment he apparated into Diagon Alley. A sneer was plastered onto his face at the thought of an amateur tailing him.

He turned a corner into a dead end and spun around, wand in hand. A second individual walked in several minutes later.

'A child!' he thought. The second man was a lot shorter than the first, and his stature looked like a teenager's.

"Diffindo!" A blue beam shot out of the first man's wand, straight at the second man.

The second man merely sidestepped the beam and laughed. The laugh sent shivers down the first man' spine, and spurred him to kill this second man as quick as possible, rather than take him alive, which was his original purpose.

"Explodra! Diffindo! Reducto! Flamma!" He shot off several curses at once, but none hit. No Unforgivables yet, as they would undoubtedly attract the attention of the Ministry.

The second man, bored of the first's incompetence, pulled out a short knife and threw it at the first. The first's eyes widened as the knife struck him in the chest. His eyes were full of shock and he looked down to see a black handle protruding from his chest.

He felt it becoming harder to breath as the seconds wore on. It seems the knife struck his lung. The blood was quickly filling up his lung, which reduced his capacity to breath in air.

His gray eyes flashed at the thought of being killed, and as a last act of desperation, pulled out a highly illegal dagger out of his cane. The dagger was only considered illegal because of the numerous poisons it was dipped in. He lunged forward, knife still in his lung, and attempted to stab the approaching man, but missed when the man stepped back.

The man's face was concealed under a dark hood, but you could just feel the intensity of the man's unseen eyes. As the first man slowly breathed in, the second man pulled back his hood to reveal jet-black hair, startling green eyes, and a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.

The first man's breath hitched...and that was the last breath he took.