Chapter 5: Murder in the Alley!

Murder in the Alley!

by Rita Skeeter

Yesterday morning, Aurors were dispatched to an alley branching off Diagon Alley. The Ministry picked up signs of barely legal magic being used, and when they arrived, the scene they found was horrific.

The body of Lucius Malfoy laid on the ground, and a large red stain was apparent on his robes. A card was discovered next to the body. It was signed Joker, and it seems whoever murdered Mr. Malfoy left his calling card to mark his work.

Minister Fudge had this to say on the murder: "Whoever killed Lucius Malfoy will be heavily punished. He was an outstanding man who donated to charity for victims of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and attended several Ministry Balls! We will do whatever we can to avenge the murder of Lucius. He was a great man. I offer my condolences to the Malfoy family for the loss of an upstanding father and husband."

However,when the Aurors searched Mr. Malfoy's robes, they found a white mask in his pocket! Yes, dear readers, a Death Eater mask!

The question now is whether the mask belonged to Mr. Malfoy, or if it was planted there by the murderer. The Ministry is looking into it now.

Mr. Malfoy is a great friend to Minister Fudge, so what'll happen if it is decided he is a servant of You-Know-Who.