Chapter Five - Spider-Man VS the Rhino Part 2

Last chapter:

Last chapter:

In my desperation for photos, however, I didn't notice the car that was flung in my direction. All I saw was the growing shadow above me and by the time I looked up it was too late for me to move. It was only feet away.

Fuck.

---------

I let out a short scream and folded in on myself as if that could protect me from the heavy vehicle about to crush me. I closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

But it didn't come.

Hesitantly, I opened my eyes and saw red boots covered with black webbing. I looked up and saw Spider-Man himself holding up the car, blocking it from hitting me. He grunted and threw it to the side before turning to me. I gave a very embarrassed squeak as he held out his gloved hand to me. I took it and he helped me to my feet.

"You ok, miss?" Spider-Man said in a deep voice that sounded almost fake. I nodded wordlessly. "Good, I gotta go kick Rhino butt, could you do me a favor and go hide so you don't get smashed?" I nodded again, violently, but remained frozen in place. Spider-Man waited for a moment, then deciding I wouldn't move by myself, turned me around by my shoulders toward the alley and gave me a gentle push. This was enough for me to shake me out of my fear and I stumbled toward safety.

"HEY BIG, GRAY AND UGLY!" Spider-Man shouted as soon as I was in the alley. The Rhino turned back, noticing the webcrawler for the first time. "Heard you were looking for me!" Spider-Man called.

"There you are little spider!" Rhino snarled, pawing at the road with his mechanized hooves.

To my horror, Rhino charged at Spider-Man, horn pointed directly at his chest. Thankfully, at the last moment Spider-Man shot a web at a nearby light post and leapt up, the Rhino missing him completely. Unable to do anything, I snapped a few photos from my hiding spot.

After slowing down and managing to turn back around, the Rhino glared at Spider-Man who was crouched on the light. "You! You ruined my life Spider-Man! I spent years in jail because of you! Years I can never get back!" Spider-Man shrugged.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you dude, that's what happens when you break the law.  Not my problem."

The fight moved so quickly that it was hard for me to keep up. Spider-Man was so fast, at one moment he was in the air, the next minute he was sliding through the Rhino's legs, and just a second after that he would be on top of him trying to ride him like a bull. I continuously snapped photos, focused solely on my task otherwise I knew I might have a meltdown.