Chapter 4: The Mystery Of the Jisatsugan

pass!" you stared in shock. "I PASS?" you shout with glee. Kakashi smiled under his mask while he watched you, Sasuke, and Naruto celebrate. Though it was more of Naruto and you jumping around with an angered Sasuke than actually celebrating.

Later that day, you took your photo. Caca-sensei was behind you, Sasuke was on the right, scowling, Naruto was on the left, glaring at Sasuke, and you were in the middle, smirking. One hand was on your hip and the other was giving a peace sign. Each of you got a copy. You took it home and set it on your bedside table.

For weeks, you were assigned D-ranked missions. You were getting tired of it. You and Naruto complained to the Hokage, begging him to at least give team 7 a C-ranked mission. Finally, he gave in and gave you a mission escorting a man to the land of waves.

Unfortunately, that was far from it. The old man lied about the mission.

Not going into detail about the mission but here's a rundown: You couldn't help but feel useless. Naruto and Sasuke had everything under control, and Caca-sensei fought Zabuza. All you did was protect the bridge builder. Technically, the bridge builder protected himself. You froze.

You weren't needed at all, so what would happen when another high ranking mission rolls around?

But, there were moments when you did feel superior to them.

"I want you to climb that tree, without using your hands," Caca-sensei said, showing a demonstration. It sounded easy enough, you've done it countless times whilst training with uncle Shikaku.

You controlled your breathing and planted your foot on the tree. You started to walk on it. You didn't lose concentration until you got to a high branch. You sat down on the branch and congratulated yourself. You stared at Sasuke and Naruto, they were struggling a lot. They finally noticed that you weren't on the ground. They stared at you with amazement. Kakashi looked proud.

You sighed. Caca-sensei said you should sign up for the chunin exams. You stared at the paper given to you. You needed to stop being useless, if you wanted to become a sanin, unlock your kekkei genkai, and restore your clan, you must become stronger.

You found out that Naruto met one of the legendary sannin, Jiraiya. Since then, Naruto was always gone. Sasuke started training with Kakashi. You had no one.

They were both going to get stronger, leaving you in the background. You set those thoughts aside and began wandering around the village. Your legs ended up carrying you to the ANBU headquarters. You were there a lot as a small child, thanks to Sumire. You knew most of the ANBU by now.

"Hey squirt, I haven't seen you in a while." a woman with purplish hair and pale brown eyes ruffled your [h/c] hair.

"Stop it, Anko!" you laugh. "I have a question."