Chapter 5: The Chunin Exams: Part 1

You met with Sasuke and Naruto, you three haven't talked since you got back from the A-ranked mission. Sasuke looked as stoic as ever, and Naruto looked the same as well.

"Huh, you look a little different, [Y/N], dattebayo. Right, Sasuke? Maybe you're a little taller than last time." Naruto said and eyed you.

"Hn," Sasuke said and started walking. You felt your heart drop, a little. You had no clue why though. You frowned and followed him. You saw a couple kids being bullied by a boy. He was wearing purple face paint and had something tied onto his back. The boy he was bullying was Konohamaru, the Hokage's grandson. The person accompanying him was a girl with four blonde ponytails and a big fan on her back. She looked older than you.

"Oi, leave them alone," you said and glared at the boy.

"And who will make me, bean." the boy chuckled. Your eyes sprang at the word bean.

"Bean?! What the hell does that mean?" you yell, clenching your fists.

"You're small, therefore, you're a bean." the boy said.

"Hey, no one calls my friend names, dattebayo!" Naruto intervened.

"Kankuro." a rough voice called from above. Your head tilted upwards and you see a boy with no eyebrows and a giant gourd on his back. You squint your eyes and hop onto the fence, next to you. You balance on the thin piece of wood.

"I like you," you say and grin. You notice Sasuke was behind him. How did he move so fast?

"You, like me?" the boy asked surprised.

"Yeah, you're cool!" you smirk.

"I find the both of you interesting. May I know your names?"

"I'm [Y/N] and that's Sasuke," you say.

"I'm Naruto!" Naruto said.

"Hn. I am Gaara of the Sand. Those two are my siblings, Temari and Kankuro." Gaara says.

Sasuke glares at you. "Temari, Kankuro, we must leave." Gaara hops down from the branch and walked away with his siblings.

"Why did you tell them our names?" Sasuke asked.

"Why not? I mean, they were going to find out sooner or later," you say. Sasuke grunts and the three of you continue to walk. You finally got into the building. You walked through hallways and stopped in front of a crowd of people. Something was off.

"Please, just let us in!" a girl with two space buns whined.

"Naruto, Sasuke.." you whisper to them. "This is the wrong floor."

Naruto stared at you confused. "What are you talking about, [Y/N]? This is the right floor."

"We're in a genjutsu," you say. "Sasuke, you see it, right?" Sasuke nods and smirks.

"Follow my lead," you whisper and start to walk past the group of people. They notice you immediately and gave a questioning look at you.

"Hey! Where are you two going?" one of the guys yelled.

"Yeah, you're going the wrong way." someone from the crowd said.

"Hn. Maybe the competition will be easy to pass this year." you snickered.

"What do you mean?" the other guy asked.

"Well, I mean it's pretty obvious we are in a genjutsu right now. This is the second floor, not the third." Sasuke said.

"Yeah, what they said!" Naruto said. He definitely didn't know what Sasuke and you were talking about.

The two guys blocking the passage smirked and poofed into nothingness. The genjutsu faded away and the room number looked completely different.