thirteen - epilogue, part 2

"come on junhui, it wont be that bad."

"but what if im up there with him and he decides he doesn't love me anymore?"

wonwoo sighs deeply, gripping junhui by the shoulders, and shakes him.

"junhui. listen to me, alright? you two have been dating for six years. you proposed to him a year ago. if he hasn't left you yet, what makes you think he won't want to marry you now? i mean, for god's sake junhui, he said yes to your proposal!"

jihoon stands awkwardly, not really sure what he should say, as he's not very close to junhui.

"actually, uh, minghao was over a few weeks ago and he was the same way. he was terrified that you wouldn't want to marry him. he cried a little and soonyoung and i were scared he was gonna back out."

junhui looks up at jihoon and tries to smile softly, before whispering a soft thank you to the younger.

a soft knock is heard on the door, before hansol peeps his head from outside the door.

"uh, you guys gotta wrap it up, we're starting in 2 minutes."

after he closes the door, junhui starts taking deep breaths, causing wonwoo to bear hug him.

"i never thought id hug you again after that one time two years ago, but here we are. junhui, you look fucking great. your fiance looks fucking great. the love of your life will be in front of you in 5 minutes. he's going to be yours, 'til death do you apart, right? breathe, you're doing really great. i believe in you. you have your vows right?"

junhui nods, before pulling out a few notecards from his pocket.

wonwoo smiles, nodding, and fixes junhui's tie.

"now go get him, sexy."

junhui laughs, heading for the door.

with the help of soonyoung and mingyu on minghaos side, and wonwoo and jihoon on junhui's, the couple walk to the altar blindfolded, as a "romantic idea," pitched by mingyu, that wasn't necessarily thought all the way through. have they met wen junhui? he'd fall flat on his face.

but as soon as the two reach the altar, the four helpers count off at a 1, 2, 3, and take the blindfold off both.

as soon as junhui's eyes are set on minghao, he lets out a soft gasp, eyeing his fiance up and down. minghao has gone red, he has never been this happy, and it is physically impossible for him to not smile. and in this moment, junhui has never seen a boy alive who is prettier than the one standing right in front of him.

the priest makes his way to the altar as well, smiling at each boy individually, as they bow to him in respect.

the priest takes a deep breath, before starting.

"we gather here to unite these two people in marriage. their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. the essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. a good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. it takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish."

the pair stare at each other, smiling lovingly, junhui's lips itching, wanting to kiss minghao, but he just has to wait. wait, and that boy will be his husband.

"do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?"