Prologue

Hi guys! I decided to start another book. I hope you enjoy :). I am a professional musician, but I am not a cellist, or a player of any string instrument. Feel free to correct me or give any input or insight :D. Sorry this is short but the next chapter will be much longer. Nick is pictured here.

____________________________________________________________

"But Stacy! You promised!" I said whining into the phone like a distraught toddler. I shut the door to my room and flipped the latch, settling the phone between my ear and shoulder as I carefully placed my cello case in the closet. There was some giggling on the other line." I know! I am so sorry Nicky but you don't understand! This guy is like, smoking hot, like a barbecue! And he said I could be the grill master and everything! I think hes an actor!!!!" a female voice quietly  whined back. It was obvious that she was trying to make sure someone else didn't over hear their conversation. I huffed into the phone as a response slamming the sliding closet door and walking to the large window in the room and taking in the view of the city. It was hard to enjoyu it in my current situation. I could hear a deep voice murmur followed by some giggles before she spoke again.My eyes rolled on their own accord, a sign that my annoyance was spiking. "I'm sorry but we can definitely continue the tradition for the next gig, I swear! I love ya babe". Before I could even respond she hung up on me. "RAHHHHHG" I said jumping up and down throwing a small temper tantrum.

I sighed running a hand through my fluffy blonde hair and plopped onto the white fluffy hotel duvet. My cheap tuxedo made a squeak of protest. Sighing again I began the arduous task of removing the concert attire in such a way that I won't have to iron it later 'I can't believe she is bailing on me...'. After removing the rest of the attire I carefully laid them out on the small table next to the window and put on my comfy spider man PJ pants. I went to the bathroom and took out my uncomfortable contacts and put on my brown glasses. I slowing walked back into the room and went to the window. I gazed out to the Vegas strip and sighed. To bad I'm too chicken shit to go out alone. Feeling the impending boredom start to creep in I desperately glanced around the room to find something to stop it. "THERE" I yelled out dramatically pointing and running to the door that separated our hotel rooms.'I am bored and hyped up on post-show adrenaline... don't judge'. I slowly opened the door and gasped as I found the answer to my short lived prayers. There IT stood. The thing that could ease my troubled and disheartened mind. Alcohol. Sweet sweet alcohol. 'Well ... not too sweet buuut'. If Stacy was gonna ditch me for some hot dick, then I owe it to our friendship to continue our plans for the night. To stay in and get wasted watching lifetime movies.

This used to be our concert tradition during grad school. It was a great way to unwind and release the tension and jitters of a  final concert run. In our six years of school together we never missed a night. "I guess I'm just a spoiled sport" I mumbled to myself while unscrewing the cork of a bottle of cheap Merlot. The cork finally came out with that satisfying 'pop' that I love so much. I grabbed one of those cheap glasses that all hotels have near the clock, and made my why back through the divider to my room.  I poured a glass and set the bottle down on the nightstand, close by for easy access. Dropping onto the bed I settled myself under the covers, to where just my arms were out and grabbed my drink. "Cheers to a great concert run" I said dramatically to myself as I took a large gulp of my drink and flipped on the T.V. 'This was going to be such an eventful night' I thought sarcastically.