Douche-nozzel

The air felt heavy. I was thankful when it finally ended and took this opportunity to take my first break. I needed a breath and a damn drink.

____________________________________________________________________________

The air was suffocating right now. I don't think I have ever had a gig tank that fast. My mood has just done a complete 180. Removing my coat I stepped off the stage and headed to the bar in the back. I needed air. Most of the guests were eating right now so the bar was pretty bare.  I adjusted my suspenders and sat on the sleek brown stool. Thank god the drinks were comped here because I would never be able to afford one on my own. I ordered a double gin and tonic and began to nurse it. The burn running down my throat  was a nice distraction. 

With a sigh I scratched my back, I felt eyes and noticed the bartender checking me out. I sent her a playful wink and then chuckled at her response. She flushed red and turned around pretending to clean something.  Flirting is fun, what can I say. I took another quick swig of my drink  trying to calm my mind. It didn't last for long.

A large hand made its way onto my waist. I immediately froze. A familiar scent enraptured me, that scent of gunpowder and a manly musk. It was stifling. I could feel his warm breath kissing the back of my neck. My body was stiff, I just kept a firm hand on my drink. It would have to be my anchor.

"Hmm I did not expect to see you again so soon" a deep  voice said from behind me. I could hear the amusement laced in it.

"W-well you know me... always popping up in unexpected places" I said with a nervous laugh.  I could feel his presence behind me, leaning in. His mouth was by my ear. I could already feel my face heat up in response. I couldn't tell if my heart was beating fast, or hardly beating by how fast the thoughts were running in my head.

"Cute, I never expected you to clean up so nicely" He snapped my suspender. I jumped at the contact and put my head down, still too scared to look at him.  My eyes remained downcast.

"What do you want" I said just trying to keep my voice steady, hoping he wouldn't notice the tremor in my voice.  My glasses were fogged up from the  heat from my face. It was probably beat red.

He chuckled and I felt a feeling of dread take over "I just wanted to congratulate you on a great performance... I can't wait to see more of you" His grip on my shoulder tightened with that affirmation.

I couldn't take this anymore. This tension was killing me, so I did what I did best. Completely spazzed.

I flipped around on the stool  and stood to face him. He was definitely taller than me, by at least half a foot and his presence was incredibly dominating but of course my brain decided to ignore that for a second. I pushed up my glasses up my nose and straightened my posture.

"Listen here! You hot douchnozzel, I am being paid to be here and I do not have to put up with your suggestive shit, now if you will excuse me!"  I said loudly brushing past him to go back to the stage. I missed the horrified expression of the bartender but was able to see his eye brows rise in shock. 'Take that Mr. Suave' I thought to myself victoriously.... although I did forget my drink, but I think that was worth it.

I confidently scurried back to the stage area and put my jacket back on. I needed to at least look professional.  I took a moment to compose myself.

There were no requests for me to play something specific so I decided to just play based off of my mood, which was pretty sour.  I decided on playing Philip Glass' Songs and Poems for solo cello for the rest of the night. I was able to focus most of my emotions into the piece to attempt to ignore the harsh stare coming from the scary stranger. I couldn't help the goosebumps that raised on my skin when I accidentally made eye contact with him in the last piece. His features were hardened and his eyes incredibly cold.

He finished the piece and smiled through the applause, though it was obviously strained. A couple people came up to him to speak afterwords, he kept it brief, but made sure to hand out his business card to anyone who seemed interested.

One of the waiters approached me saying that the owner would like to me to discuss pay and feed back in his office. I agreed with a shrug and followed them to the office. They poured me a drink and I gladly accepted as I took a seat  in the  sleek office. 

It was decorated with hues of grey and brown, a nice contrast of color and professionalism. I sipped the drink while looking around .  The door opened and I turned to greet the owner with a smile ....until I saw who it was. My blood went cold.

I could not stop my mouth from hanging open. There he stood... the douche nozzel. 'Oh my god....fuck' I am pretty sure my brain just stopped. 

He entered the room, a predatory smirk on his face as he locked the door behind him. He approached me and grabbed my chin with his large hands, effectively closing my mouth 

"It's rude to stare" he said releasing my face with enough force for me to lose my balance in the seat. He moved around me, walking with the utmost confidence, knowing that he had all of the time in the world.  He took a seat across the desk , I couldn't even look at him. He leaned back in the chair and crossed his legs.  I kept my eyes down, my hands holding my knees in a death grip. It felt like we sat that way for hours, the silence was deafening.

It wasn't until spots started to appear in my vision that I moved to rub my eyes. The room... smelled fuzzy if that made any sense.. "Wha---" I started to say but was interrupted by his dark chuckle. 

"Did you enjoy your drink?" he asked leaning forward with that same predatory grin. I looked up at him to respond but nothing would come out. The world was moving around me, I think I fell forward. Everything went black, the last thing I remember before losing consciousness was a sharp pain on my temple and his laughter.