From

A/N: Over 100 views!! Oh my god thank you all so much!! I know this may not seem like much to many people, but this means so much to me :D You, yes, you reader, you make my day whenever I see someone has read my story. Other things: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAMJOON! You're the best leader BTS could've ever asked for <3 Also, just want to shout-out my friend who writes on Quotev. She posted this story in one of her comments (? I don't know what to call them, correct me if I'm wrong). Her stories are amazing; they capture a lot of emotion and her storytelling is just phenomenal! Please check them out :) https://www.quotev.com/ThatFangirlHere/published

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Avoiding Jimin was like avoiding the sun; it's nearly impossible. I've been trying to evade him for a couple weeks now, but it feels like years. It may not seem hard since we don't talk much or whatever, but it really is difficult. We would sometimes make eye contact through the mirror during dance rehearsal, but now I can't do it out of fear of hearing those voices again. Devils make insecurities more prominent and repressed memories resurface. I thought I had gotten past my high school years, but when I accidentally brushed hands with Jimin, I heard a whisper that sneered "unnatural."

Hoseok has admitted that Jimin is hurt by the way I've been acting, which only contributed to the guilt that ate away at me. It hurt to ignore someone as compassionate as Jimin, someone who never has bad intentions. Of course, someone as pure as him just had to be my devil.

Yoongi thought Namjoon could help with my issue, so we agreed to meet him in the library after my last afternoon class. We almost didn't see Namjoon; he was hidden behind a mound of books.

"Have a seat! This might take a while." He cheerfully gestured towards two vacant chairs across from him. We sat in them, both of us staring at the pile of books in front of us. Namjoon laughed when he saw our expressions. "No, no, you two aren't reading all of this. I already read most of it." My jaw dropped open in disbelief. "Well, when Yoongi hyung first told me about your predicament, I was so interested that I had to do some reading about it! I haven't slept in a couple of days, but it's alright. I feel full of energy!" Namjoon grinned. "Shall we get started?" Yoongi and I silently nodded.

If there's anything I learned from that night, it was to never tell Namjoon to get as many books as he can find. That's what Yoongi told him. Even though Namjoon finished a majority of the books beforehand, it took until two in the morning to complete them all. Well, more like Namjoon and I. Yoongi fell asleep after a couple of hours, a book covering his head. We agreed not to wake him up since he barely gets any sleep at night.

The most interesting book we found was in the fiction section. Namjoon said he had it in the pile because he was curious. I was exhausted and didn't want to bother with a supposedly unhelpful book. Just as I was about to drop it in the 'useless' pile, Namjoon snatched the book from my hands.

"Something about this book intrigued me," he proclaimed, opening the book. I scoffed in response.

"A made-up story isn't going to help me with my issue." My words had no effect on him; he was already scanning through the foreword, eyes lighting up in excitement.

"Jungkook-ah, this is an autobiography! It's not fiction!" I frowned.

"Hyung, it was in the fiction section." Namjoon turned the book towards me, laying it on Yoongi's sleeping head.

"But it's not a fictional story! See?" His voice was full of such joy that I wanted to believe the author is telling the truth when she wrote that her book was an autobiography. I wasn't that naive though.

I continued to scan through other books, jotting down anything interesting or could serve a purpose. Namjoon continued to read the 'autobiography' book despite my protests. I eventually gave up trying to stop him from wasting his time, directing all my attention to the current book in my hands. After about another hour, Namjoon slid a piece of paper to me that was covered in notes. I looked up at him, who send me a wide grin. He adjusted his glasses, which revealed the deep ebony black circles under his eyes.

"Jungkook, there is a way for you to spend time around your devil. The author says that we can control the memories and fears our devil brings out. If you have a better rein on your thoughts and emotions, then your devil can't make them resurface." He beamed while I warily stared at him.

"Hyung, we're putting all of our trust in a children's book." 

His bright smile turned into a sad one.

"Jungkook, what other choice do we have?"