I. 🚘

(diletto)

It was nearing night fall; the moon erupted from it's safe haven, illuminating the starry, night sky

Motors roared to life in the crisp and foggy evening; the chatter and laughter of those around him, although loud, could not silence the growls of the cars. Fragrance of burnt rubber engulfed the senses of the honey haired boy as the wind ruffled his light sweater. The smell in the environment reminded him of his father's car shop.

The light brunette makes his way through the people in search of his slightly older best friend. Trying his best to excuse himself in midst of the squished bodies, he was ignored by those socializing and drinking beer. He recognized no one familiar as he tried his best to walk from the back of the place towards the front.

It was his first time at a place like this. He'd much rather be in his dorm couped up in a soft blanket reading a nice book. Unfortunately, his best friend has forced him to come to this race (not because he wants his best friend there but because he wants more support for his boyfriend who was racing that night). The honey-haired boy scans the entire place once again, sighing at how bored and done with the place he was.

With luck, out of the corner of his eye, he sees a large checkered flag being waved back in forth. Judging by the movement of the flag, he can tell the person holding it is most likely jumping up and down in excitement. He stretches a bit on his toes seeing as the person jumping up and down seems short. Sure enough, a smiling blonde is jumping with the checkered flag. He walks towards his adorable best friend with a roll of his eyes and a small smile.

Of course his best friend would be the flag boy.

"Taehyungie", said boy greets him. His tiny arms wrap around the taller, flag still in hand. Taehyung can never be annoyed at his best friend for longer than necessary so he returns the embrace.

"You made it!"

"Jiminie", Taehyung says sort of breathless. "There's so many people here", he gulps as he scans the crowd of people he just walked through nervously. He shakes his head, his social anxiety slightly kicking in. The best friends pull away and the blonde is sporting an innocent looking pout. "Please Tae, stay. It will be over before you know it and then we can go to the ice cream parlor once Yoongi wins the race!" Jimin ends with a squeal and a small clap, Taehyung's insides warming and calming instantly. He honestly loves his best friend so much.

Taehyung shrugs with a sigh, "I'm only here for you."

"And Yoongi."

"And Yoongi", Taehyung adds with a small smile. Jimin smiles slightly before his eyes go over Taehyung's shoulder and his smile grows wider. He jumps over the low barricade to come onto the side where Taehyung is standing before pushing past him.

Taehyung scoffs, so much for best friend.

"Yoongi!"

Taehyung isn't surprised that it's his shy roommate that grabs the boy's attention. Taehyung turns to see the two boys just when they separate from a kiss. Sometimes it's pretty surprising for Taehyung to believe his slightly hyper best friend is dating a lazy and quiet music production major.