Chapter 1

Scarlett's POV-

That's me. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, 'Oh you're pretty!' I think the opposite. I think that I'm okay on the eyes but, I know Annie's prettier. You're probably like just get on with the story so here you go.

--------------------------------------------

"Scarlett, where are you going?" Hayden asks.

"Anywhere but, here," I reply as I walk out of the school. Hayden trails after me. "You're gonna get in trouble you'd better go back inside."

"I'm not leaving you on you're own just to get kidnapped by some stranger."

"What makes you think you can protect me?" I smirk as I turn on my heels to face him.

"Because I can do this." He grabs me around the waist and lifts me so I'm hanging over his shoulder.

"Let me go!Stop!" I half yell-half laugh as I use the palm of my hands to hit his back.

"What are you two doing?" A voice said behind us. Hayden set me on the ground and we turned to the lady.

"Hello, Ma'am. We were just heading to my house." I started to fake cry a little. "Our father just got into a car accident and-*Sniffle* We're really worried." 

"It doesn't look like you were worried 5 seconds ago." The lady says.

"Well, my brother here was just trying to cheer me up thank you for the chat Ma'am but, we must be going." I wiped my eyes with my sleeves and grabbed Hayden hand as we walked away from the lady.

After we were out of ear-shot Hayden says, "Wow. That was awesome. I thought we were caught for sure." He smiles.

I laugh a little, "You don't know how many times I've snuck out of school."

We get to the beach which was only a 10-minute walk from the school.

"This place is so beautiful. I love the sounds." I say as I close my eyes and listen to my surroundings.

"Here let me show you something keep your eyes closed." Hayden gently holds my hand as he leads me to where ever we're going. "Okay, Open." I open my eyes and we're in a cave that is just in front of the ocean and is closed off from all the people on the beach. The water flows slowly into just the opening of the cave.

"This is amazing Hayden." I look out to the horizon.

"I remembered what you said the first time we met at Annie's Christmas party.

-------------------------------------------------

Flashback(Annie's Christmas party)-

I just got done singing All I want for Christmas With Annie. Everyone clapped and I smiled nervously.