Chapter 7

"Hey Rush!" Rush and I do this manly type of handshake in the backyard and I hope Scarlett's watching.

"Hey Hayden. So you need help from the ladies man, I've heard," Rush smiles.

"Yeah. Scarlett says she likes me but so does Annie so she won't date me because she likes Johnny and I don't know. It's just so confusing," I run my hand through my hair.

"Ahh...I see what you need to do. Do something grand and romantic."

"I can't do that Scarly would kill me."

"True. Maybe you should maker her jealous than. Use someone you know she doesn't like," Rush says.

"Okay. I know what we're gonna do now," I smile.

----------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett's pov- 

I watch Rush and Hayden do this sort of handshake thing and laugh.

They're discussing something.

I open the window and try to listen to their conversation.

I hear 'Annie' and 'grand and romantic'.

I sigh, Thank god Hayden's moving on to do something for Annie.

I close the window and sit back on Hayden's bed.

"Scarlett!" I hear Hayden call up to me.

I go to the window and Rush motions for me to come to the backyard.

I nod and jog down the stairs to the backyard.

"Rush and I were going to the arcade with Johnny and Annie so, I was wondering if you wanted to come with us."

I smile, "Sure, let's go."

-----------------

When we get to the arcade the flashing lights immediately pull me in.

Hayden and play Dance, Dance Revolution until Annie and Johnny arrive.

Hayden pulls Annie off into a corner while Johnny plays the game with me instead.

Annie comes up to me almost in tears, "I'm gonna go home, I think. I'll talk to you later."

I hug Annie and tell Johnny, "Walk home with Annie while I talk to Hayden, okay?"

He kisses me and heads off with Annie. I run up to Rush and Hayden, "What did you do to Annie, Hayden!?" 

"I just broke up with her. I don't like Annie like that."

"I don't care Hayden. I'm not dating you. Not after you broke up with Annie and now she's crying."  I say.

"Scarlett. I'm over you. I like Dani now," He smirks.

Danielle Cohn runs up to us with tickets in her hands, "Look I got us some tickets, baby."

Hayden wraps his arms around Dani shoulders smiles and me and they both walk away.

"Rush. I'm going home." I say as my eyes start to water.

"I'll walk you home, Scarly." Rush and I walk and head back to Hayden's house.

I'm never talking to Hayden again!

--------------------------------------------------

Hayden's Pov-

"Do you think it worked?" I ask.

"Of course it did. Scarlett looked like she was about to cry." Dani smiles.

"I hope I didn't hurt her to much though." 

"Why would you date her when you could have this?" Dani winks at me and I back away.

"Because Scarlett is everything I could want and more. I don't even deserve her but, I'm going to try and win her over." I snap.

"Well, this stunt is definitely not going to win her over." She smirks.

"What do you mean, Dani."

"Well, you kinda made her cry and acted really arrogant." She places her hands on her hips and walks away.

Shoot. How am I going to fix this?