Chapter 2

Scarlett's POV-

We all start running in different directions. I run into a small cave-like thing that you can crawl into. As I crawl deeper into it the space begins to get bigger until it opens up to a small room that overlooks the whole laser tag arena. Since it's glow in the dark the only thing I see is the blue lights coming off my team's vests and the red lights coming off of my opponents.

I hear someone coming into the room and turn around to point my gun at the hole.

Hayden comes through and immediately points his gun right at me.

"Hayden if you make one wrong move I'll shoot you," I smirk.

"But, what happens if I get you first? Your gun won't let you shoot me." His hand shoots out and reaches for my gun.  He grabs my gun and pulls it away from me. I lunge for it and end up wrestling him for my gun.

Hayden backs me against a wall and pulls my gun away.

"Just get it over with shoot me." I look at the red light from his vest dancing across his face with my blue light intertwining. I see Hayden smile a little before he lightly kisses me. I kiss back and the alarm blares. 

We jump apart and look at the scoreboard. My team won.

"In your face!" I smile and Hayden grins at me. He wraps his arm around my waist.

"I already won." He says.

"Hayden. I can't."

"Why not?"

"Did you forget about Hannie?"

"Hannie, who? Ohh...Hannie isn't real though. It's just something someone made up about Annie and me."

"Well, some of it's not made up," I mumble.

"What?"

"Nothing," I reply and we crawl out of the room to meet up with everyone.

Hannah's looking at Hayden and me weirdly. She's grinning at us. And so is Kyle.

As we're walking out Hannah pushes me into Hayden and Kyle pushes Hayden into me.

"What are you doing?" I hiss at Hannah.

"We saw you and Hayden kissing." She grins.

"You can't say anything to Annie," I whisper.

"I know Annie likes Hayden but, she'd understand if you two were together," Hannah says.

"I know but, I don't want to do anything to Annie. She's my best friend. Along with you guys of course. But, I'll just date Johnny. I like Johnny and he likes me and I've known Johnny since we were babies." I whisper.

Hannah sighs and we all keep walking and talking.

"I love you guys. Bye." I say as Hayden and I walk in the opposite direction.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Hayden asks.

"I can't date you if that's what you're asking," I say.

"Why not? Hannie's not even real! And I doubt Annie likes me like that." 

I laugh and Hayden stops in front of me and looks seriously at me. "What?" 

"Nothing. I still can't date you though." I sigh.

"Scarlett Rain Winters. I'm not gonna give up that easily."

I walk around him and he trails after me. "Whatever."

I walk up to my driveway and he walks up to his.