Chapter 9

Hayden's POV-

Red and blue lights overwhelm my eyes as the ambulance comes and picks up Scarlett. My mom basically shoves me in the car as she calls Scarlett's brother and tells him to meet us at the hospital.

-----------------------

*At the Hospital*

"She's gonna be okay," The doctor starts. "But, she's in a coma. She has no broken bones and nothing hurt though. The coma, we've concluded, is from shock from her fall."

"And how long is she gonna be in the coma?" Her brother asks.

"Anywhere from a week to months. There's no telling." The doctor says. My already watering eyes decide to start rolling out tears. I quickly wipe them away and try to act strong.

"Can we see her yet?" I ask.

"Yes, but only one person at a time," The doctor leaves with Scarlett's brother first.

After her brother, it's my turn. I walk into her room and there she is laying on the bed.

"Hey Scarly," I breathe. "It's Hayden."

I take a deep breath and start apologizing, "Scarly, I'm so sorry that this happened and it's all my fault." Tears stream down my face. "I shouldn't have told you I liked you and I shouldn't have tried to make you jealous with Dani. I don't even know why I asked her to do it. I can barely stand her but, Scarly. I know you can't forget but, will you at least forgive me?"

The heart monitor starts beeping a little faster. I step closer to the bed and reach out to hold her hand.

"Scarly, I love you. I love you so much and you should've known this from the first time I really kissed you at Annie's Christmas party."

----------------------------------------

Flashback to Annie's Christmas party-

"Hey, Scarlett. Wake up," I lightly shake her.

"What Hayden?" She groans.

"Get some shoes on and then follow me," I whisper.

She slips on her flats and we walk out. I lead her outside. It's just about 7 am and the sun is barely emitting any light but, we walk down to the beach near Annie's house and I lead her into a small cave. It looks like this;

"Hayden, this is amazing

"Hayden, this is amazing." Scarlett gasps. I watch as the sounds of the waves echoes across the walls and the cave is lit up by the lights from the jellyfish gleaming out of the water.

We both look at each other and Scarlett glances down at my lips and back up. I lean in and I kiss her and she kisses back. After we sit with her in my arms and watch the sunrise.

-----------------------

"The next day you acted as nothing happened." I sigh.

I kiss her cheek and walk out.

*Skip to 5 weeks later*

It has been almost two months since Scarlett has been stuck in a coma. So far I learned her parents aren't coming because her parents ditched her a long time ago. When I asked her brother when her parents were gonna get her he told me that he would tell her 'they're at a meeting'. She didn't believe it for long until her brother got a hold of their old phones and continuously texted her like them. I'm not supposed to tell her but, I don't think I'll ever have to see as how this is going.

"Hayden, we're gonna drop you off at the hospital so you can go see Scarlett." My mom says.

I get to the hospital and the doctor and her brother are talking together.

They go out into the hall to speak in private but, I can hear them still.

"...Don't think she'll wake up soon... the medicine will be the best solution... if she's laying there is she really alive?" They argue.

Finally, her brother says, "Fine do it."

"I'm gonna need you to sign some papers first." I hear their footsteps retreating.

I rush over to Scarlett's bed and hold her hand.

"Scarly, you need to wake up. They're going to kill you. Please wake up." I lean down and kiss her on the lips.

----------------------------------

Scarlett's Pov-

I can see and I can't move but, I can hear.

Hayden talks to me telling me to wake up then, I feel his lips on mine.

Wake Up! I think-yell to myself. WAKE UP! I need to be with Hayden!

I kiss Hayden back. He pulls back and my eyes flutter open.

"Scarly?" He breathes.

"You can't get rid of me that easy," I whisper.

Author's Note: I hope you like this story so far and I really would like it if you Dm'd me! Or comments would be nice too. lol. Sorry, this chapter is a little short.

-<3