Three

I sighed, hearing Valor knocking on the bathroom door as he pleaded with me softly to come out. He was persistent, I'll grant him that.

I had been sitting on the carpet in my sweats and tank for two hours now that I was finally out the shower, and it was almost noon the next day. I'd say in there until it ran cold and Valor hadn't abandoned his place on the other side of the door.

I stood as I opened the door.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked quietly.

"No. I'm as good as can be expected. It's not your fault, neither of ours really. I chose this. I'm sorry for being so rude to you, I know you were just trying to make it as easy as possible for me, but I have a knack for making things a challenge it seems." I said to him lowly.

He smiled slightly at my dark humor. I did not blame him for his lack of control, we were strangers practically and it was a lot for me to ask of someone to fight their nature and I healed in no time.

"So, why'd you agree do it?" I asked.

"I saw how your brother looked at Solomon when we were outside the store. I figured you were a good woman, I can tell you're strong and intelligent. It would be stupid of me to overlook you. I figured we can be civil enough to have a successful pack and coven, I hope." He said.

I nodded as I lead us out the bathroom and I slipped on my boots and brushed my hair as Valor showered and then we went on our way to my parents house for lunch.

The house was silent as we entered and I could see everyone on the porch, their eyes darting between Valor and I. I moved my hair to the side, letting my claim show, the mark still a bit tender from last night.

My father hit the table, the plates clattering at his action.

"It is done." I said to Alexander who nodded.

My fathers glare burned into Valor, and I could see Pierre on edge as he sat at his end of the table.

"Dad." I said strongly, his line of sight snapping to me.

"I asked him to do this. Do not be upset with him." I said.

"You know nothing about this man and you let him-

"Stop!" Solomon yelled as he stared at me, his eyes holding sadness.

"Solomon, don't." I tried but he held his hand up.

"She did it because I'm gay." Solomon said, his voice strong, but I could see the emotion in his eyes as he stared at his father.

I watched as Solomon watched his father's reaction, his father staring at him in disbelief before excusing himself and walking off the porch.

I looked at Katrina who looked at my mother, their expressions calm as they eyed each other.

"You both knew?" I asked in disbelief.

Pierre jumped up as my father flew up, his attack aimed at Valor who was suddenly in front of me, bent over in a protective crouch that seemed to only enrage my father more.

"All of you. Sit down." Pierre boomed.

Valor stood up straight, but his eyes never left my father.

My father growled, shrugging off Pierre and bounding down the porch steps.

I stared at my mother and Katrina.

"You both knew and you let it come to this. He needed you to understand and you guys didn't want to. For what reason, I don't know. How could you do that to him?" I said as I stared at Katrina.

"Willow-

"No, mom. You told me to always stand up for what is right and this entire situation is wrong. You were going to force him to mate me knowing full well he is in love with James." I told Katrina.

My mother looked at me, stunned at my words.

"Katrina. Is that true?" My mother asked in disbelief.

"Charlotte. I didn't think-

"So you were going to let my boy have a broken heart because you were too afraid to face the truth?" My mother yelled as she stood up from the table.

Karina couldn't answer that, tears falling from her face in shame.

"I asked him once, years ago, but he just...He never told me..." Katrina began to cry.

Pierre turned to Valor who hadn't stopped watching me, as if he were still waiting for me to explode.

"Valor, take her home. I'll come speak to you both in a little while." Pierre said.

Valor gave a curt nod before gripping my hand, his cold fingers lacing with mine as he led me off the porch.

It wasn't long until we were in my house and we both sat at my little kitchen table, neither one of us saying a word.

"Willow, I think it would be best for you to come stay at the coven for a few weeks. At least until tensions die down and your father doesn't try to kill me every time he sees me." Valor said quietly.

I looked at him for a moment as I studied him. No one could deny that Valor was handsome, his pale features accented by dark brown hair and a chiseled jaw and beautiful white teeth.

I knew he was right though.

"Will your coven even except me? We aren't the same. Who's to say they won't try to kill me like my father tries to kill you?" I asked.

"They won't touch you. I won't let them, whether they like it or not, you are their leader now and they will have to accept you. And they know better than to touch my mate." He answered.

The world nearly made me flinch, especially how he used it so assuredly.

"I need to lay down a few rules though." I said.

He looked at me silently then nodded.

"If we must share a room, I want you to know to not expect sex from me when it is time to go to sleep or at all. Your claim does not equal consent. I have no interest in that with you, and if that changes, though I have my doubts, I'll be sure to make it known. Also, I want to have full rights to defend myself if someone touches me." I said.

"I would hope you'd defend yourself. Of course. As for sex, maybe if you weren't so close-minded about our bond, you would know that it can be quite pleasurable. Don't think I was oblivious to how your back arched into me when I kissed your neck, but if a nonexistent sex life is what you want between us, then you'll get it...or in a sense, not." He said smirking as he looked at me and then stood up, my jaw dropping at the audacity he had.