Seventeen

It felt good to take a hot shower and put on some fresh clothes after pumping a few bottles for Ava.

When I walked out my room, Pierre sat on mine and Valor's bed.

"Do you feel okay?" He asked me.

I was a little sore and tired, but that was to be expected.

"For the most part, yes. I know you're here about Anya though. She tried to drown me. I didn't have any other choice. She was trying to harm me and my child and I wasn't going to let her do that." I said.

Pierre nodded with a smile.

"I thought so. I'm proud of you, Willow. I watched you grow up into a strong young woman. " He said.

I hugged him as he held the door open for me.

"Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"Everything. Especially, Valor. I love him so much and without him I wouldn't have Avalyn and they mean everything to me. You gave me the family I never even knew I wanted." I said.

He smiled at me as we walked downstairs.

I smiled at the sight of Raven sitting with Cassius as she held a sleeping baby Ava.

Raven grinned at me, standing to hand Ava to me as I took her in my arms.

"She's so tiny!" Raven whisper yelled.

I laughed and I watched Avalyn's eyes pop open, tiny dimples showing as she smiled.

"She recognized your laugh." Valor said smiling.

I kissed his lips once, my stomach growling.

"I made you some baked ziti." Valor said.

"Thank you." I said to him.

I kissed Avalyn on her head before handing her to Valor who took her into his arms happily.

I ate quietly, thankful for the warm meal that made me feel good and happy.

Avalyn began to fuss and I knew it was time for her to eat again. She had a big appetite which I was grateful for, but it was also making my own appetite increase.

I had just finished nursing her when a knock on the door sounded through the living room. Ava watching the entire time as she studied us with big brown eyes.

I smiled at Valor who grinned, both of us excited to share the birth of our child with our family.

My mother threw the door open before Valor could fully open it.

She immediately shushed at the sight of the tiny bundle in my arms.

"Avalyn Black is awake and ready to meet you all." I said as I stood.

Valor accepted my fathers hug and I grinned at the sight of my brothers trailing in with an ecstatic Lily and Solomon in tow.

My mother didn't even bother to wipe her tears as I handed her Ava. 

"Oh, she's so gorgeous. She looks so much like Valor." My mom said as she smiled.

Solomon hugged me, kissing my cheek as he released me.

"I miss you." He said.

"You should stay the night. We can stay up and watch movies. I don't need to sleep much anyway." I said.

"And we can order pizza." Lily chimed in.

Valor smiled at me from the opposite side of the room, walking towards the door when it rang.

I was stunned to see Alexander at the door. I loved him like an uncle, but lately he'd been the bearer of bad news.

"Don't worry. I'm hear on my own accord. I heard Willow was going into labor? How is she? Is she okay? How about the baby?" Alexander hurried. I knew he felt bad. He blamed himself for me fighting while I was pregnant, that he wasn't thorough in making sure I was fit for combat and I or Ava could've been seriously hurt.

"I'm here. And we're both okay." I said with a smile.

Alexander turned to me, sighing with relief and flashing me a smile.

His head snapped to my mother at the sound of Avalyn letting out a small cry just as she handed her to Valor.

I cringed as she spit up, the mess landing right on Valor who nodded as he grinned.

"That's my baby girl." Valor said as he chuckled as he held her, cleaning her up.

My father walked toward me and I embraced him, his smell overwhelming as it surrounded me, and the picture of his beast flashed in my mind and my fangs came forward. I flinched at the urge to sink my teeth into his neck, shoving my dad backwards as I took a few steps back, shocked at my lack of control as I gripped onto the sofa.

Valor was in front of me in a second, Lily holding my daughter now.

I could still feel the tiny pin pricks on my tongue from my fangs as I stared at my father.

Valor snapped his fingers in my face and my eyes snapped to him.

Valor stared at me, placing both hands on the sides of my face.

I gripped his forearms, my body still wanting to lash out at my father.

"I-I can't stop it. I don't get it." I hissed out.

"This side of you sees your father as a threat." Valor said as he gripped my arms, pinning them above my head.

I stilled at the quick movement, distracted by Valor's dominant side that had all parts of me intrigued as they came to a new focus.

I breathed out, concentrating on Valor's red velvet eyes as he stared back at me.

He released me, placing his hands on my waist to steady me and I stood straight up as I blinked it away and it took a moment to calm myself and reassure that everything was fine.

"I'm okay now." I said quietly as moved towards Ava who began to cry.

I took her in my arms, walking towards my father slowly, Valor handing me her bottle as I began feeding her and passed her to my stunned father who smiled down at her.

"She's so beautiful." He whispered.

I smiled as I walked out to the patio,  flashing Valor a daring grin as I arched my brow at him.

It was time to hunt.