Six

My mother, aunt, and cousin left shortly after we ate and I decided to go to bed early, finding the room I assumed to be Valor's since his scent wafted around it. It was cozy and warm and I found myself able to relax quickly against the sheets as I lay in the bed.

I woke to Valor watching me silently as he lay next to me.

"How long have you been watching me?" I asked.

"I was reading for a while, but I found you more interesting. I could tell you were dreaming." He said.

"You're not a weirdo, are you?" I asked as I sat up. 

"No. I just don't really need to sleep. I just rest, but I feel calm when I look at you." He admitted.

"How do I calm you down?" I asked confused.

"You're beautiful and you seem so at peace. I look at you and I just see a good woman and it brings me peace knowing that, you are by my side and I know we hardly know each other, but I am already so proud to call you my mate." He said.

I smiled at his words because I understood it. In our short time together, I could see Valor was steadfast and sincere and it brought me a comfort I hadn't known I needed.

"Then you are a weirdo." I said with a grin as I stood up, walking over to the love seat he sat on.

He watched me as I straddled his hips slowly, his eyes watching me unblinking as I rested against him.

I kissed his lips as I let my hands smooth up his chest, Valor resting his hands on my thighs as our kisses began to linger and I found myself wanting more.

"Do you want something, my Willow?" Valor asked as he moved his kisses down my neck, the feeling causing me to want Valor in a not so innocent way as breathy gasp left me as he nibbled on his claim.

"You know what I want." I said as I began to kiss his lips again and his grip on my tightened deliciously, my hands roaming down his bare chest.

I jumped as Raven came flying through the door.

"Sorry to interrupt, but the rest of the coven is here. They have questions and they aren't happy, especially fucking Anya. She's about to have a fit again and I'm going to knock her fangs out if you don't come down here." Raven said, the annoyance in her voice evident.

Valor threw his head back as Raven walked out, sighing as he closed his eyes.

I chuckled as I stood up from him.

"You enjoy teasing me?" He hissed, his eyes moving over me with a smirk.

I grinned at him as I put a pair of pants on and changed my shirt. He lifted me and in a second we were downstairs, and I was faced with nearly half a dozen unhappy vampires as Valor steadied me. 

Raven stood next to me, her eyes on a particular woman who had been staring at me the moment Valor put me down. She was gorgeous to say the least, a blonde pixie cut accenting her high cheek bones and beautiful features, but she seemed anything but beautiful in personality.

No one had to tell me this was Anya.

She hissed at the site of me, and in a second she was in my face, running her nose along my neck.

"She does smell delicious. Is that why you mated her?" Anya asked as she stared at Valor.

I growled, shoving her out of my personal space.

"This is not a fight you want to start." I warned.

She chuckled darkly.

"He didn't tell you who I am? Hmm...not nice Vally." She said as she glanced at Valor.

I stared at Valor for an explanation. The way he eyed her with disdain and the way she seemed so arrogant told me there was some sort of history here that I was not aware of.

"Yeah, that bed you slept in last night...It wasn't used for sleeping when I was in it with Valor just before he left. He once told me the thing he'd always dreamed of tasting was a wolf walker. Imagine how sweet and delicious the blood of a human and wolf hybrid would taste, how strong it it would make him." She said.

I nodded as I grinned as a pit formed in my stomach, Valor reaching for me, but I yanked my arm away from him, glaring at him as I growled.

I wasn't mad at the fact that he'd slept with her, it wasn't like I expected him to be virginal, but he could've at least told me that the woman he'd previously been sleeping with was still in his coven and that she was a snarky bitch. I could feel anger flooding my body. I felt like an idiot. Did I really think he was different? He used me for what I was.

I walked to the patio, Valor following me, him gripping my arm as he pleaded with me to look at him.

"Do not ouch me." I growled, shoving him back a few steps, his red eyes staring at me, frustration and anguish evident.

"Willow, please-

I growled, silencing him as I backed him against the wall, letting my wolf show her strength to everyone in the room as I stared up at him.

"As far as I'm concerned, my father was nothing but right about you. We may be mated, but we do not have to be together. Fuck you, Valor." I said as I released him, turning on my heel as I left. I jumped off the patio balcony, shifting into my wolf as I began the journey home without looking back.

I didn't know how long I ran, but my body physically ached like never before by the time I smelled the familiar scents of my territory.

It had been hours.

I ran past our border patrols, I saw Solomon's familiar wolf as he ran with James, both of them flanking me. I could feel their worry. I saw my younger brother, Eric's car in our driveway. I knew this wasn't going to end well. If you thought my father had a short temper, Eric was even worse, which is why he spent majority of his time alone and traveling.

I slowed as I reached the house. I could smell Pierre and Giselle nearby and I growled as I was reminded of Valor.

I shifted into my human form, grabbing an oversized shirt from the porch steps, slipping it on as I walked inside.

My mother saw my face and she stood up immediately.

"I'll kill him." She said.

"What happened? Baby girl? What happened?" My dad growled.

Pierre looked at me confused, where as Giselle herself looked torn as she waited for me to explain.

"He just wanted my blood. You were right." I said.

"No, there's no way. Valor wouldn't. He's not like that." Pierre said.

"Well, he did!" I growled as I stared at him.

"I'm going to kill him." I heard in Eric's voice, him walking into the room as he growled.

"Not before I do." My father, Solomon, Eric, and James all said in unison.