Eleven

I sat up slowly, stretching my stiff limbs, the memory of what happened lighting a fire under me as I hustled off the bed I was in, my body colliding with the dresser as I struggled to slow myself down and I nearly hit the floor.

I cursed as I realized what had just happened.

That was new.

I looked into the vanity mirror, gasping at my reflection. My skin was near perfect, no redness or flush of color as prevalent as before. My eyes burned blue still, flecks of red hinted in them, causing them to have a purple hue. Everything seemed so much more vibrant and fresh and I could smell everything.

And then it hit me. His scent, the smell making my mouth water as it had become my favorite. My mind went to him and everything in me demanded to see him.

Valor.

Was he okay? Was I okay?

I walked downstairs slowly, standing at the bottom of the stairs to see my family outside on the porch.

I slid the glass door open quietly, my family's curious glances looking my way.

Giselle was in front of me in a second, her hands smoothing over my cheeks and gripping my hands as if she were making sure I wasn't going to sink my teeth into anyone.

"How do you feel?" She asked.

"Good. I feel the same as before, just about a thousand times better actually." I said.

She let me go slowly and I inhaled, turning in the direction of Valor who stood against the railings. I was in front of him in a second, hugging him with everything I'd had as I ushered him away and into privacy.

"I was so scared. I didn't know if you were dead or alive and I couldn't do anything to help you. I'm sorry." I said quietly, my fear easing as I recognized he was physically unhurt.

He kissed my head softly, the gesture calming me.

"Don't you apologize, Willow. It is me who should. You're may mate, darling. I should protect you with my life, I-

I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me so I could kiss him like I really wanted to. I wanted to be close to him and I silenced him with my lips.

I kissed him softly, my lips moving against his, pleasure humming between us as we kissed.

Valor pulled away, his fingertips brushing over my cheeks, the pad of his thumb smoothing over my lips. I knew he felt bad and blamed himself for what happened.

"Valor, look at me. I am fine." I said.

"You don't know what you are. How this will effect you. No one knows. I did this to you and I hate myself for it." He said.

"Valor, I love you and I'm happy and I feel good, you shouldn't feel bad at all." I said without thinking.

"What did you say?" He asked quickly.

"I feel good." I said quickly, realizing what I had said and it nearly made my heart leap out my chest with how easy it had rolled off my tongue.

"You said you loved me." He said with a grin.

I felt my face heat up. Did I? I knew I cared for him. A lot. And in such a short period of time. It freaked me out how fast I'd fallen for Valor and how much he'd already meant to me.

"I do. I love you, Valor." I said as I looked up at him.

Valor's eyes burned into mine, the scarlet color deepened the longer he stared as he pulled me against him.

He kissed my lips once, resting his head against mine as he breathed my scent in.

"My lovely, Willow. I've only ever dreamed of hearing those words pass your lips." He whispered.

I smoothed my hands across his cheeks, noting the dark bags under his eyes.

"You haven't hunted. How long was I unconscious?" I whispered suddenly.

"Ten days." He answered.

"And you haven't eaten?" I asked in disbelief.

I gripped his hands in fear, tugging him down the porch steps and towards the trees.

"You're starving. We're going hunting." I said.

It wasn't long, my heightened senses honing in on the scent of a deer, the buck moving through the snow quietly.

I stood behind the trees as I nudged Valor forward, my wolf whining at the fact that our mate had been neglecting his own needs.

Valor moved quickly, but my new eyes were able to follow him and the way he moved with such grace and agility had me awestruck as he sank his fangs into the warm blooded animal, the kill instant.

The scent of the blood hit my nose and I breathed it in, the scent causing my senses to stir with want and a moan nearly came from me. A new found thirst found me and the surprisingly appetizing smell. It wasn't as if I was compelled to but, more as if I was curious and a low itch hummed in the back of my throat that I couldn't seem to ignore.

I watched Valor as he stood, his lips stained red and I saw him lift his hand to wipe his mouth, but I was in front of him in a second, gripping his wrist, our bodies touching from our chest, down to our hips.

I was so close, the blood on his lips in my eyes sight, looking as enticing as ever and begging me to taste it. The look Valor was giving me had me wanting to taste him.

I gave in, kissing Valor's lips, letting my tongue dart out across his lip, the flavor of the blood causing me to only want it more and the way Valor was letting me prey on him had warmth spreading within my body.

I kissed Valor, backing us against a tree as my dominance came forward suddenly, the feeling of pin pricks against my lips causing me to pull away, Valor's heated gaze on me and he grinned as he eyed my mouth.

"Your fangs are so small." He said grinning.

A hiss came from me, tugging him against me by his belt loops, his arousal evident and yet he made no move.

"You going to bite me, love?" He asked, turning us as he put my back against the tree trunk, his eyes staring down at me with lust and amusement as his hand began to play at my throat.

"Only if you're lucky." I said teasing as I bravely unbuttoned his pants.

His deep chuckle filled the air, the sweet sound causing me to smile and now I was absolutely positively sure about it.

I loved him.