Wagers and Pony Rides

Author:Mare

A/N: So that it's easier for everyone to follow along it's on the movie timeline. As always this is raw, unedited writing.

Chapter Title: 2- Wagers and Pony Rides

Pairings:Bilbo x wife!hobbit!reader

Summary: You start to regret leaving Bilbo behind, until you are met with a surprise and a cash bonus

Warnings: fluff

You felt bad about leaving your husband behind 'He'll come for me.'you thought to yourself 'I hope.' Starting to feel a little glum, 'I might have made a big mistake.'

You were torn from your gloomy thoughts by a familiar voice yelling "Wait! Wait!" Bilbo.

"I signed it!" the company stops and you jump off of your pony and embrace him. He smiles widens and hands Balin his contract and grabs your hand. "Everything appears to be in order. Welcome, Master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

"Give him a pony." Thorin says looking unimpressed. You glare at him slightly and Bilbo says "No, no, no, no, that-­­that won't be necessary, thank you, but I­­-I'm sure I can keep up on foot. I­­-I-­­I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know. I even got as far as Frogmorton once­­-WAGH!"

You snatch him away from the conversation and move him towards the pony you just were on. He gets on it and you get in the back. "Come on Nori. Pay up." Oin says. And as if like a catalyst sacks of money fly between the dwarves. One is thrown to you.

"What's that about?" Bilbo asked clearly confused.

"Oh, they took wagers on whether or not you'd turn up. Most of them bet that you wouldn't." Gandalf responds.

"What did you think?" Bilbo asks.

"Hmmmm." he catches a sack of money "My dear fellow I never doubted you for a second."

*Small Timeskip*

Bilbo looking highly uncomfortable, and a bit terrified sits in silence and rides on. You wrap your arms around his middle and lean into his back and breathing calmly. He tensed up at the sudden contact and slowly relaxed as you started to hum lowly where only he could hear.

You all stopped eventually and decided to camp for the night. You sat down next to Bilbo and he laid his head on your lap as you hummed a tune. He laid there for a while silent, staring at the stars.You stop humming and say in a soft voice "Umm, Bilbo." He looks up at the stars worriedly, but nods to acknowledge you. "You know, umm, there was a split second when I thought you weren't going to come after me.

He looks up at you, smiles and whispers "Do you see all the beautiful stars? There's so many." You look at him a little hurt. 'Did he just dismiss me?'

You look up and nod, he continues "I want you to know that my love for you is bigger than the amount of stars in the night sky." You blush slightly. 'He's so poetic' you thought to yourself grinning down at him with a watery smile.

"And remember wherever you go, I will always come after you." he finished. You looked in his eyes and all you saw was pure sincerity, you grabbed him and held him close, kissing all over his face. He held you tightly and the two of you fell asleep wrapped in each others arm and everlasting love.