Bears?

Author: Mare

Summary: You meet Beorn.

A/N: Enjoy beautifuls!

Chapter name: Bears

Warnings: yelling, fluff

Pairings: Bilbo x wife!reader

"How close is the pack?" Dwalin asked Bilbo.

"Too close. A couple of leagues, no more, but that is not the worst of it." he answered.

"Have the Wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin asked.

"Not yet, but they will; we have another problem." Bilbo responded

"Did they see you? They saw you!"Gandalf asked, freaking out.

"No, that's not it." Bilbo said desperately trying to be patient.

With a wide grin, Gandalf turns to the others and says: "What did I tell you? Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material."

Bilbo is still trying to say something. "Oh, shut up Gandalf and let him speak." you grumbled.

Gandalf was quiet and listenening attentively as Bilbo said: "I was trying to tell you there is something else out there."

Gandalf's eyes widened and asked: "What form did it take? Like a bear?"

Bilbo nodded with a confused, "yes." The dwarves start to freak out and Gandalf has us walk towards a house in the distance. As a roar pierces through the forest sounds, we run. Fast. You had never seen your husband run so fast in all your years of knowing him.

We finally get to the house and barricaded the door behind us. "What is that?" Ori asked.

"That...is our host." Gandalf answered. "His name is Beorn, and he is a skin-changer. Sometimes he's a huge black bear; sometimes he's a great strong man. The bear is unpredictable, but the man can be reasoned with. However, he is not overfond of dwarves."

After a few more words were said, Gandalf sent everyone to get some sleep.

"Bilbo," you whispered.

"Hmm," he hummed.

"What do you think will happen tomorrow, when Beorn is a man again?" you asked worriedly.

"I don't know my love. We'll just have to wait until the morning, now won't we?" he responded.

"I guess you're right dear," you sighed "Goodnight, Bilbo. I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight dear Y/N." he whispered back.