How I met your wife

Author: Mare

Summary: How you really know the elves of Rivendell

Warnings: filler chapter, short chapter, embarrassed!Bilbo, smug!Lindir, humor

Pairings: Bilbo x wife!reader, Lindir x family!like!reader

After the whole dinner and dwarves fiasco, you felt bad for the mess that your friend, Lindir would most likely be in charge of. You somehow convinced a stubborn Biblo to help you, help Lindir clean. You walked away to the kitchens to help start on the dishes, much to the protests of Lindir, and your husband, Bilbo finished helping in the dining area. "So, Lindir how did you meet my wife, Y/N?" Bilbo asked after he made sure you had left the room.

"Well, Master Baggins, that's a long story." Lindir started. "Do you remember where I first greeted you?"

Bilbo nodded confused, as to why this was relevant. "Well, on those steps was a basket with a hobbit infant in it. Lord Elrond tried to find her parents or someone who could raise her as there own, but there was none. Lord Elrond put me in charge of learning all I could about hobbit culture, so that I could teach it to Y/N. We eventually found her a family by the time she was 22 (approxiametly 14 yo), but she came around regularly to see us. She always said 'no matter what, Rivendell will always be her first home.' That is how I know your wife Bilbo, I practically raised her. Nothing like what you were hoping to find out I'm sure. You thought it was a very different relationship between her and me, didn't you?" Lindir said the last part with an apparant smirk. Bilbo didn't answer.

You came out of the kitchens to see Lindir smirking and a very bashful and apologetic looking Bilbo. "He asked you, didn't he?" you asked trying to contain your laughter.

Your question was met with a hearty laugh and a smirk from Lindir.