Frodo's Adventure

Author: Mare

A/N: Best gif i could find so oh well. lol. Enjoy!

Summary: You and Bilbo take toddler!Frodo to visit ur friends in Erebor.

Warning(s): fluff

Visiting old friends is always a treat. But when you tell them you have a surprise for them and your friends happen to be some of the dwarves of Erebor, the previous statement is questionable. Here's the letter you sent:

Dear Balin,

How are you? How is everything in Erebor? How's the rest of the company? Could you do us a favor? We wanted to tell all of you something, so read this next part to the rest of the company:

We will be visiting Erebor, and we'll bring a special surprise with us, so be prepared. If you're wondering why we sent this to Balin and not to Thorin or someone else, it's because Balin is the only one I trust to gather y'all together without any confusion or disagreements. Dwalin was my next choice, tho. He could probably drag you all in a room and make you listen as he reads. (Y/N thought this was hilarious. She said this not I.-Bilbo)

Don't ask what the surprise is, because we won't tell. See all of you as soon as we get there.

Your Friends,

Y/N and Bilbo Baggins.

P.S. Tell Dis to check the last letter and do what I said- Y/N

Well, your hole was filled with letters from the dwarves trying to figure out what it is. Dis also sent a letter:

I got your letter and your room here has been adjusted for the little one. I kept it under wraps.

*Timeskip*

You're finally on your way to Erebor and on the way you visit Rivendell. Frodo had a ball and Lindir had a headache. Hobbit children can be very rowdy especially boys, he should just be glad you didn't bring you're favorite troublemakers, Merry and Pippin. "How do you do it?" Lindir asks.

"It's easy. You're just getting old. I mean you raised me, didn't you?" you laugh.

*Timeskip*

Passing through Dale was quite fun. Bain, Sigrid and Tilda, all grown up, made you tear up. Frodo ran around the city and wreaked havoc in Mirkwood, much to King Thranduil's dismay. Bilbo will definitely be telling Thorin about Frodo's Mirkwood adventure.

*Timeskip*

Finally you make it to Erebor, where you are greeted by your family, the Company of Thorin Oakensheild. "Y/N!" you hear the princes yell.

The sudden noise makes Frodo cower behind Bilbo, gripping his leg tightly, causing you to smile at your sweet little nephew. You were greeted by the rest of the company, Dis and Tauriel. "Where is he?" Dis whispered in your ear.

"Hiding behind Bilbo. Fili and Kili scared him when they yelled." you whispered back.

She catches a glance of him and smiles at his adorableness. We walked into the great walls of the mountain, Frodo still hidden behind Bilbo. We make it to a room, almost like a common area or family room. Everyone sits down, except Bilbo who stands next to you, obscuring the view of Frodo. "So..." you say before Dwalin interrupts.

"What's the surprise?"

"I was about to say it, but I was interrupted."

"Sorry."

"Frodo," you whisper as you reach behind Bilbo and grab your nephew's hand. "This is Frodo Baggins m......."

You were interrupted again, "You two had a child and didn't tell us!" Dwalin interrupts again.

"No!" you shout startling Frodo causing him to cower behind Bilbo again. "Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. And the mean Mister Dwalin won't interrupt me again." you glare at Dwalin. "Bilbo, why don't you finish?"

"Ok, hun. This is our nephew, Frodo. We adopted him, and he is now apart of our crazy, unconventional family." Bilbo said.

Dis immediately came and took him out of your hands, "You are soooo precious."

The dwarves fell in love with Frodo, especially Thorin, after what Bilbo told him he did in Mirkwood (that's a story for another time). You look all fondly and smile as they play hide and seek with Frodo. 'I don't know why in the world Dwalin would think Frodo would not find his big self behind that plant.' you thought to yourself. 'My family is crazy.'