19

Jeonghan

"Are you serious?"

I nodded. I don't want to do this. I don't want to but this is the best choice from the crossroad. One way or another someone shall inflict pain on the other.

I tried to explain what happened during the other kids prank on Seungcheol and me. How we made up and cleared all the misunderstandings. How we decided to start all over again.

"I-- I thought we were making a progress. After Seungcheol broke up with you without reason, I was there for you. I wiped away your tears. I listened to your voice when no one else did." He grumbled. "I thought we are starting something special."

I squeezed his hand hoping to appease him.

"Jisoo you are special. You are my best friend. That is why I am doing this. I'm sorry if I lead you on. I was so heartbroken I yearned for love. I forgot my selfishness would hurt you so much."

Jisoo's eyes gleamed with grief. He looked as if wanting to bawl but is trying hard to supress it. He sighed deeply, his expression began to soften.

"I knew it will always be him. I'm sorry I took your vulnerability as chance to squeeze myself into your life. It was my fault for falling in love with someone who can't love me back."

"No! No, Jisoo it's not your fault. It's just that there are things that are not supposed to work."

I choked back a sob. Jisoo is so nice. He is so damn nice it pierces my heart. He don't deserve this.

Jisoo smiled bitterly. "Let's just say I dumped you, okay? Jeonghan, I'm letting you go."