Chapter 1: The Beginning

⚠️ Warning!!! ⚠️

Mentions of family members' death

◇ ═ Start of Chapter 1 ═ ◇

"Oh. my. god," 

I gasped as I stared at the photo I had on my laptop. My were eyes wide open and my mouth hung down. My heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was about to explode. I couldn't believe what I was seeing with my own two eyes.

"Dear Jesus..." I muttered as I cupped my face with both of my hands. 

'Why... WHY DOES GON HAVE TO BE SO CUTE!?!?!?!' I internally squealed as I rolled around my bed in excitement. My face was pretty much blood red but I couldn't care less.

The picture of Gon that was sitting on my laptop desktop was just too much for my heart to handle.  

(A/N To the old readers, I changed the picture because the previous one was lowkey a bit too sexy for an 11-year-old)

I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't stop a squeal from escaping my mouth. Quickly, I covered my mouth with my hands and stopped moving to find out if someone had heard it. Silence surrounded the room as I strained to hear beyond my bedroom door. 

Hearing footsteps slowly nearing my room, I quickly closed the Yandex tab of my laptop and opened my class assignment while simultaneously taking a look at the open notebook I had previously been writing on.

'Where was I doing oh Jesus lord I swear-'

As soon as I continued working on my homework, the door opened revealing a slender woman with a stoic expression that made it clear not to mess with her. Her posture and aura showed high status which was shown from her formal clothing despite being at home.

 Her posture and aura showed high status which was shown from her formal clothing despite being at home

That woman was Ideya Vasilieva, my mother.

"Taisiya Kostyaevna Vasilieva, what do you think you are doing shouting at eleven o'clock at night?" Mother slowly walked behind my chair and glanced at my desk, her hand resting on my shoulder.

'Totally not fangirling alone over a cute fictional anime boy' I nervously glanced at my mother's expecting eyes.

Gulping, I answered as calmly as I could. "I... I saw a spider underneath my desk... and I was surprised so I screamed," I lied to my mother as I maintained minimal eye contact with her least she finds out I was lying to her. "I'm sorry for surprising you, Mama,".

I felt my mother's eyes on me as she inspected my words. Eventually, she gently held my shoulder before she turned around and walked towards the door, "Do not do this again, Taisiya. I'll send Mikhail in to get rid of the spider." 

'Yes! Got away with it' I let out a triumph smile before instantly snapping back into a serious face as soon as my mother glanced back.

When she reached the door, she said, "Go to sleep, you can finish your homework tomorrow morning," before walking out of my room. Not wanting to risk getting caught again, I quickly closed my book and got ready for bed as fast as I could. When I was done, I turned off the lights and snuggled inside the covers of my bed. 

With the city lights shining through the gaps of my curtains and the dead silence echoing through my bedroom, my mind couldn't help but wonder towards my father.

It had been 6 years since my father Kostya Vasiliev disappeared, yet only one since he had been declared dead. I remembered the ache in my chest when I saw the words directly from his death papers. It felt mild at first as if I had simply lost a favourite pen. 

It wasn't until I was alone in my room that all the misery and depression burst out of my body as I silently sobbed in the corner of my bathroom. 

Mother didn't seem to care much. She continued to work and live her life as always, but I could tell that she was mourning in her own way. I saw the way she would sometimes blankly stare at an object as if she were reminiscing a memory before shaking her head and continue working. My parents didn't have an intimate relationship with each other as other married couples would, but they cared for each other as a family which was enough for all of us.

Finally feeling sleepy, I rolled on to my side and slowly drifted off to sleep.

◇ ═ End of Chapter 1 ═ ◇

Song
[Music box Cover] The Greatest Showman - A Million Dreams

Cast: 
Boy picture = Gon Freecss [Fanart] (Hunter X Hunter) [https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/191051209171517058/]

Ideya Vasillieva (Mother) = Esdeath (Akame Ga Kill!)

(Credits to their rightful owners)