Chapter 15: Friend or Foe? pt.2

◇ ═ Start of Chapter 15.2 ═ ◇

Soon, we arrived at the Phase Two site and saw a group of people standing in front of a giant building with high fences.

"Looks like we made it in time," Kurapika commented, looking at the gasping applicants standing in front of the building.

We started to look around in search of Hisoka or Leorio. I saw Gittarackur glance at me for a few seconds before walking away.

Seeing the direction he walked in, I instantly turned to my left as saw Hisoka standing underneath a tree. "There's Hisoka."

Seeing Hisoka point to his right, we turned and saw an unconscious Leorio leaning onto a tree with a giant bruise on his cheek.

"Leorio!" Gon ran towards Leoio who was slowly waking up.

"Why am I all beat up?" Leorio gently touched the bruise on his cheek.

"Huh?" All three of us gasped in surprise.

"My memory is kinda hazy..."

Kurapika leaned down to Gon and I and whispered. "We probably shouldn't tell him what happened."

"Yeah," Gon agreed as I nodded.

Crouching down next to Leorio, I picked up the suitcase Gon had placed down and moved it closer to Leorio. "Do you have any ice pack or ointment for your cheek?"

"Hey, why are you touching my suitcase, give it to me!" Leorio took one glance at me and attempted to fight back his suitcase from my grasp.

A bit taken aback and annoyed, I briefly pinched his bruise, receiving a loud wail from the teen. Letting go, I crossed my arms and walked away from him. "Fine, take care of yourself old man."

"I'M NOT OLD!! I'm nineteen!"

"Yeah well your still older than me, Old Man!"

"Of course I'm older than a short boy like you!"

"I'm not a boy! I'm SEVENTEEN!"

"WHAT?!" Leorio exclaimed along with Gon and Kurapika. Although I usually took joy in tricking others about my age, it sounded annoying coming out of Leorio's mouth.

"So you're way older than me?" Gon compared our heights which was only one inch apart.

"Assuming you're eleven then yes, we're six years apart."

Gon sounded uncomfortable with the age difference, "I really couldn't tell. Should I call you Raika-san, then?"

"Nah, just call me Raika. Where I come from, we don't really use these honorifics so I grew up not used to hearing them," I comforted Gon.

"Gon!" A sudden voice called the black-haired boy. Turning around, we saw Killua approaching us with his skateboard in his hands.

"Killua!" Gon smiled and approached Killua. Despite wanting to talk to the chocolate-loving assassin, recalling his earlier suspicion on me, I decided to walk back towards Leorio and Kurapika.

"We only need to wait a few more minutes before the exam starts," I assessed from the situation.

Kurapika looked at me for a few seconds before opening his mouth. "You said you came from a place where you don't use honorifics. Are you a foreigner?"

Surprised by Kurapika's technically correct judgement, I wasn't sure whether to feel guarded or proud. "Yeah, I'm surprised you figured that out."

"It was a wild guess," Kurapika shrugged his shoulders. "I was a bit taken aback when you dropped all honorifics earlier with me and Gon, but I suppose this explains why."

"Oh, sorry about that. Do you want me to call you Kurapika-san instead?"

Kurapika didn't answer for a few second. "No, it's fine. Just call me Kurapika, I assume Gon also wouldn't mind you dropping the honorific," Kurapika shook his head at me.

"Excellent work, everyone. Phase Two of the exam will occur here, in the Biska Forest Park." Satotz voice was suddenly heard from the gate of the building. "So, I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you."

Seeing Satotz walk away in his funny walking style, I smiled before turning back to Kurapika. "I better head back to Hisoka now, see you later Kurapika."

Giving a small wave, I approached Hisoka as the gate of the building slowly opened revealing a large mansion further down the road. Next to the road leading up to the building were a mass amount of steel cooking tables with kitchen appliances.

In the front of the mansion were two people, a giant man standing behind the sofa, and a green-haired girl sitting in front of the sofa.

"Will all applicants who passed the First Phase please enter?"

◇ ═ End of Chapter 15 ═ ◇

--- Little Theater 2 ----

[I saw Gittarackur glance at me for a few seconds before walking away]

Gittarackur: "You put a tracker on him."

Hisoka: *Smiles while recalling poking Taisiya's forehead* "Only for insurance."

Gittarackur: *Turns back to Taisiya and looks at the Nen made chewing gum stuck on Taisiya's forehead connecting to Hisoka's finger*

Taisiya: *Obliviously talking to Gon with invisible giant chewing gum stuck on her forehead*

All Hidden Examiners + Satotz: ...

Song
Spirited Away - Waltz of Chihiro Music Box

Cast: 
-

(Credits to their rightful owners)