Chapter 15: Friend or Foe? pt.1

◇ ═ Start of Chapter 15 ═ ◇

Taisiya's POV

A small blush instantly appeared on my cheeks as I turned to where the voice came from. Out from the mist came Kurapika still wearing the white underclothes that fitted perfectly on his body.

I quickly turned away at the sight and looked back towards Gon, hoping the blush on my cheeks would go away by the time Kurapika arrived.

'Now's not the time to be worried about your cru- YOUR WEIRD UNNATURAL APPRECIATION ON KURAPIKA'

When Kurapika finally reached in front of us, he glanced at me on guard before turning to Gon. "Gon? What happened? Are you okay?"

Gon nodded at the blond, "Yeah, just a bit shocked." Gon then turned to me, "Thank you for helping me earlier."

I was surprised at the sudden appreciation. "No problem. Was starting to get annoyed with his dramatics," I joked around.

"Where's Leorio?" Kurapika looked around spotting no sign of the doctor.

"Hisoka is taking him to the Phase Two site since he's unconscious. We also need to go before we get disqualified," I finally spoke to Kurapika.

Kurapika turned to me in surprise but nodded while Gon spoke, "Do you know where the Phase Two site is?"

"No," I smiled as I got closer to Gon. "But you can find out, can't you, Dog?"

Gon and Kurapika both turned to me with confusion. Smiling I turned to Gon and pointed at my nose. Gon continued to stare at me in confusion.

Eventually, a gasp came from Gon as he realized my intention.

"Okay, I got it," Gon smiled as he ran towards where he came from and came back with Leorio's suitcase. 

"Follow me!" Gonstarted to run towards the Phase Two site. Turning to Kurapika with a smile, I nodded as we followed behind Gon.

"What do you mean, Gon?" Kurapika turned to both of us in confusion.

"I can smell Leorio's cologne. His smell will lead us to the Phase Two site," Gon looked back from in front of us.

As we continued to run, Gon suddenly turned to me. "You never told me your name," Gon commented. Seeing his innocent expression, I suddenly felt the need to bully him. 

"What makes you think I want you to know?~" I imitated Hisoka's creepy voice as I grinned widely at him, showing all my teeth. 

Kurapika instantly went on guard and flinched away as soon as I spoke but Gon didn't reveal any difference in his emotions.

"Because you helped me earlier."

Dumfounded by this answer, I couldn't resist the genuine smile that appeared on my face, the Hisoka vibe I emitted instantly disappearing before I could make more use of it.

"I was just messing around with you... My name is Raika, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Raika. I'm Gon, this is Kurapika," Gon pointed at him and Kurapika who ran behind us.

"I know who you are," I couldn't help myself. Seeing the suspicious look on Kurapika's face, I improvised my reason. 

"I saw you when you guys met Tonpa. Why do you think I knew about your sensitive smell, Gon?"

Gon and Kurapika looked at each other in surprise. "You've been watching us since then?" Kurapika asked.

"Well yeah, it's hard no to notice people who stand out within the crowd," I gave a vague answer.