Chapter 9: The Path of Hunters

◇ ═ Start of Chapter 9 ═ ◇

Taisiya's POV

It had been more than a year since I left Kite and Ikki to fulfil my deal with Hisoka. When I first started travelling with him, it was the worst days of my life. However, he eventually came forward as someone I looked up to. While I didn't think of him as a good role model, it didn't stop my admiration to him. Eventually, I started to unconsciously imitate him from the way he dresses to the way he acts. 

Something I noticed about Hisoka is the fact that he never called me by my name, no matter what. Whenever he wants my attention, he usually stares at me and waits until I get the feeling of danger and turn to him. I never saw him refer to me in any other way.

I hadn't found anything new about Kazimir or Illya Vasiliev but I found out that Hisoka does, in fact, know that I am a Vasiliev. He didn't exactly tell me but I knew he knew when he stopped going a certain direction when rumours of the Vasillievs being hunted were heard. At first, I had thought it was because he was avoiding meeting the Vasillievs, but after a while, I realized he was purposely keeping me out of trouble. I found that suspicious coming from Hisoka but I couldn't help feeling a tad bit grateful towards him.

At the moment, we were in the outskirts of Zaban City, looking down on the city from a cliff. I had no idea what we were doing but I knew that asking Hisoka would be useless considering he doesn't answer any of my questions. I couldn't help but feel as if I knew what was going to happen here, that I forgot something really important.

"Hisoka? What are we doing here?" I finally decided to ask the man standing beside me. He hummed in reply which was expected from him, but what he had said after was what caught my attention.

"We're going to take the Hunter Exam."

.

.

.

"Say what now."

It took everything in my body to process what Hisoka had said. The Hunter Exam. THE HUNTER EXAMS.

"HOW COULD I FORGET THE HUNTER EXAMS?!" I screamed clutching my head. My eyes were wide and full of shock. I mean it's even in the title of the entire series! I groaned, clutching my head even further before looking up at Hisoka who was looking at my with an amused face.

Suddenly, a thought came to me. If Hisoka is real, then that means Gon is also real.

"Hisoka-san, is this your first time entering the Hunter Exam?" I asked the redhead.

"No, this is my second~," Hisoka answered without turning which was a surprise considering he never answers my questions, albeit ignoring the malicious tone he used.

If this was his second attempt, that means I would meet the main characters of Hunter X Hunter. The main plot that followed Gon Freecss introduced Hisoka during his second attempt in the Hunter Exam. Though knowing that he entered the Hunter Exam without my awareness, I concluded he had gone to take it during the one-month separation we had early in the year.

"I'LL BE MEETING GON!!!" I screamed in excitement, my cap falling off my head as I jumped around in excitement.

"Gon?" Hisoka turned to me. Once I stopped jumping, I smiled and turned to him, nodding.

"Trust me, you love him! He's really strong and not only that he's also so cute and adorable and cute and just oh my god!!!" Hisoka placed his hand on top of my head though he didn't pat or rub my head.

"Where is the Hunter Exam being held?" Hisoka asked me, looking back onto the city. I looked at him, slightly confused but nevertheless answered what I knew from the anime.