Thoughts

Jan's Point of View

I tried not to think about him. But I was too consumed by loneliness.

It's been two days since I chatted with him. When I told Lean I was in love with an invisible man. I wanted to smile wryly. I didn't know whats got into me to tell a lie. Maybe I was too afraid of what he was doing to me. Of those strange feelings that I have not felt for such a long time.

Once, I did. When I stupidly fell in love with my best friend. Stupid enough that I forgot I was not the woman he'd ever want. And it scarred me for more than 15 years. I did try to have a relationship but I guess I was not good enough for them. Or they were not good enough for me.

I stopped thinking about my personal life when I joined the publishing world. It was fun and glamour. Meeting famous writers in the country was one of the privileges of being into publishing. Most specifically three years ago when the film industry took an interest in making Filipino novels into movies. Great work from great artists. One of them is Alessa Ortiz whose works become the newest sensation in the market. Most of her works are best sellers. She's been awarded numerous times for her accomplishments. And she kept her profile low to the public. Ang mga book signing events ay bihirang bihira. She agreed once with a tv interview just recently. Kung gaano kadami ang mga bestsellers niya bilang sa daliri ang mga social engagement na dinadaluhan niya para sa mga parangal sa kanya.

Most of her fans, including myself, were always hyped to see her in person. Women live in her made-up heroine. And she was a living replica of her female characters. Beautiful, smart and rich.

And she is a rich man's daughter.

And I remembered one of the featured women in Times magazine who just became visible to the public when she married Governor Gin De Villa. Her existence was also hidden to the public until she became Mrs Gin De Villa last year. Alexandra Monteverde was featured right after her empire MGM owned a spot at top 50 business empire owned by a woman.

I sighed. Those women who are beautiful Cinderella who finds their own Prince Charming. Their wedding was not as big as their names. Pictures were released after a month. I was one of those women who wished to have that kind of wedding and the look of her husband that even the camera couldn't hide.

As if he was blessed with a woman like Alex Monteverde.

I smiled wryly. I remembered how Carmela giggled like a teenager and said dreamily she'd wished she will be Alex Monteverde in the next life and Governor Gin will be her husband.

I just laughed at her then.

But how ironic it was. Na mangyayari sa akin ito. And that I would wish I am Alessa Ortiz para magkaroon ako ng kumpiyansa na harapin si Lean.

I swallowed hard.

Me and my very low self-esteem.

And it's all because my first love rejected me.

READ the whole story at www.nobelista.com ONCE YOU SIGN UP FOR VVIP MEMBERSHIP. To inquire send us a message here

www.facebook.com/MechanicLadyPublication/

BE INCLUDED to Batch 5 No Other Love Writer's Edition (Softbound)

BE INCLUDED to Batch 5 No Other Love Writer's Edition (Softbound). We are still accepting reservations until the lockdown is in effect (April-May 31, 2020). This might be your last chance to keep NOL physical book. RESERVE IT for a minimal reservation fee.

IF INTERESTED to reserve, please message us here:

www.facebook.com/page.no.other.love

The only WE that reach Batch 5 from 2017 to 2020.

✅ The ebook is available at www.nobelista.com
✅ Still accepting reservation for Batch 5 while waiting for the printer to resume its operation
✅ Part of VVIP Membership
✅ Most sold out WE
✅ Exclusive version as WE
❌ Not available in VIP Membership

Forgotten Memories TRILOGY is also open for preordering:

APRIL-MAY Reservation: Promo offer

Grab your chance to RESERVE and BE INCLUDED in one time printing of FM Trilogy

✅ Included FREE ACCESS to VVIP stories for reservation from April-May 31.
✅ CHEAPER price offer for buyers who can pay from April-May 31.
✅ MINIMAL RESERVATION fee due to lockdown
✅ BOOK 3 is exclusive to TRILOGY set ONLY (not available in single book purchase)

OFFER ONLY UNTIL MAY 31. REGULAR price and without free inclusion will start in July 2020.

ONE OF THE VVIP STORIES at www.nobelista.com