Prelogue

Ever since we were little, I looked up to him. His skills, strength, level of confidence, the way things always went how he had planned;  to me it felt like a gift I was able to watch someone like him up close. I remember him saying no one would ever beat him when he just got his quirk. At that moment I just smiled back at him. I didn't care if he was going to be stronger than I, or anyone. I just wanted him to be friends with me.

As the weeks were passing, I wondered a lot about what my quirk was going to be like. I secretly hoped it would be just like All Might's One for All quirk. I don't really think people didn't notice though (I constantly watched videos about him and played with an All Might action figure all day). However, after a while we figured I was quirkless. 

Devastated, I was devastated. Quirkless? How was that even possible? Before I even realised the whole school already knew about it. Some kids came up to me, trying to reassure me. Other kids turned their backs on me and talked about how uncool it was. I was OK with it, I didn't care too much about their opinions. But there was one opinion I cared about, and it was his'. 

He started bullying me, pushing me, telling me I'm worthless, that I could never become a hero and should be ashamed about even thinking of ever becoming All might's side kick, that he was out of my reach and that our friendship was over. He said he didn't want others to think a weakling like me could be his friend. ''We'll get back to being friends when you've got a quirk, loser.'' 

Oh, and by the way, I'm talking about no one less but Katsuki Bakugo, better known as Kacchan.