CHAPTER 4

I managed to find the very last bus. Running so quickly through the cold air towards the station.

"Ajushi!" I screamed , out of breath as I saw what looked like the bus about to start off.

"Ajushi!" I felt my lungs burning, my throat dry.

To my dismay, the bus left. I almost felt like my legs were no longer my own.

Placing both my hands on my knees, I bent down to catch my breath. The coolness of the night blew off my sweat like nothing. I was somehow grateful the wheather wasnt as hot either.

Giving up completely, I decided to start walking. I turned around to leave when my heart stopped at the sudden screech of car tyres right in front of me as I attempted to cross the street

The car was tainted and pitch black. The windows came down and I saw a face all too familiar by now.

"Hop in". He said.

My face fell at the sudden turn of events.

"With a stranger? No way!"

"Im not a stranger love".

"Ive been assaulted all kinds of ways by you, no thank you".

"Unless you want to spend the night at the station, Im your only hope of getting home. Now hop in".

I considered his words and how tired I was from all the running. With hesitant body language, I opened the door and got in".

I fiddled with my seatbelt because I was so tired. He noticed and leaned over to assist me. Our faces were dangerously close, I could smell his scent, he smelt good.....minty fresh.

"You make the simplest issues so complicated". He spoke as he secured the seat belt in place. I felt my face get hot when he lingered and didnt back off.

"Can you-"

Before I could finish my statement, he had already hit the gas at full speed.

The night air felt sharp in my eyes. As if on cue, he closed he windows. I was already teary-eyed after that intensity.

His car was slick-looking on the outside but warm on the inside. Very comfortable actually.

I could feel my body tense up as he reached maximum speed. Why did we have to go any faster? I felt a little dizzy as the motion sickness started to kick in.

He only slowed down at a red light. After what seemed like forever, we had arrived in my street.

He got out of the car. I struggled to unlock the seatbelt and open the door. The dizziness getting the best of me.

I got out of the car and suddenly stumbled to the ground. He caught me just in time.

"Woah, are you ok".

I only managed to shake my head "no" as I felt nauseous. He attempted help me up when I gave in and threw up on his shirt.

"Yah!"

I was too dizzy to even see his facial expression. My sight was blurry, the motion sickness was at its peak.

My eyes couldnt make out anything. He picked me up and put me back in the car and drove off.

My eyes were tight shut. Anytime I would see lights flash by fast I would feel worse. We had arrived at a different location.

He got out of the car and picked me up again. I leaned on his chest and could feel his cold skin against my throbbing temple.

I faintly heard a click sound and a door opened. It was dark inside with only moonlight lighting up the inside. Another door opened and he placed me on a soft bed.

Footsteps moved out of my room and came back shortly. He had in his hand a glass of water and some medicine.

"Take this". I heard him say.

My head still throbbed hard. I kept my eyes slightly closed. I struggled to down the pills.

He left the room and I heard water flowing shortly after. Before long, I blacked out.

********************

A/N: I like the direction this is going.