Paper Airplanes

Chapter 2

   "MORNING!" someone yells at me.

   "AH!" I was surprised. 

   "Get up! It's time for school." it was Baekhyun.

   "How did you get in?" I was still in shock.

   "How do you think? The door."

   "But... but..."

   "I know the password smart one."

   He opened my blinds and pulled my uniform out of the closet. He then packed my backpack for me and set up my uniform. While he was preparing my things for the day, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I peeled the blanket from my legs and headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 

   After I was ready to go, I looked in the mirror and tried to decide how I felt about myself. Was I pretty? Was I ugly? Was I short or tall? Sighing, I left my room and went outside where Baekhyun was standing. 

   "Hello?" I waved my hand in front of his eyes.

   "Hi." he smiled down at me.

   He wasn't very tall, but he was taller than I was. I always had to look slightly upwards at him. He held up his fist and smiled. I did the same and he seemed to brighten up. We then started towards school and it was a pretty peaceful walk. 

* * *

   It sat in class twirling my pencil. I looked outside of the window. The leaves on the trees rustled and made sounds like the sea. I inhaled deeply and let out a sigh. I looked back up front at where the teacher stood. He was explaining something I already knew. I was sick and tired of going over a never ending review.

   I looked back outside the window and at the pathway below the trees. There was someone waving at me. I squinted to see who it was. I couln't help it, I had to put on glasses. My world became clear and I saw that the person was Baekhyun. It looked as though he was running an errand for the teacher. 

   Smiling, I pulled out a yellow paper airplane. If he unfolds it, there is a note for him. When the teacher wasn't looking and paying attention to the board, I threw it down to him. I watched to see if he received it and he did. Waving it in the air like a flag, he ran away.

   I saw some people whispering. Probably about me and how I'm weird or something offensive. I didn't care. I continued staring out of the window and I sighing. I didn't want to be here.

   Once the teacher left, the students went wild. They rushed over to their group of friends. Giggling and gossiping. The guys talked to one another, stealing glances of girls. Some of them exchanged sly smiles. I watched one of the guys walk up to a girl, Eun Mi, and he sat next to her. 

   She rolled her eyes. He asked her something and all the girls around Eun Mi snickered. A couple panicked though. I caught a little bit of what she said to him.

   "Are you crazy? Do you think I'm the kind of girl who doesn't care about her life!?" she screamed.

   Luckily the bell rung and the guy ran out of the class. Then the group of girls laughed and left. Lastly, the group of guys left sneering, criticizing his technique. I was the only one left. I sighed, then gathered my things together. I did everything slowly because I didn't want to be caught up in the commotion of girls and guys leaving the school.

   I heard the door of the classroom open and then something came flying at me. It was a red paper airplane. I opened it up and it said in sloppy handwriting:

   "Good to see you too."

   I looked at the door and Baekhyun stood there coolly. He then turned his head to the side and smiled  cutely. I laughed. Only he would be able to make me laugh. He walked over to my desk and I finished packing everything up. He walked with me out of the door and to the front of the school.

   As we passed, there were a few people who sneered at us and exchanged whispers. I slouched a little. Baekhyun then looked at me and smiled. I tried my best to smile back, but I knew everyone was wondering why he was associated with me.

   We finally got off of school grounds and I let out a heavy sigh. 

   "Why do you always sigh? It's a bad habit of yours." he scrunched his face.

   "You have a bad one too." I said touching the area between his eyes. 

   "Fair enough." he relaxed his face.

   We walked back to our neighborhood and then to my house. I was about to go in, when he stopped me.

   "Do you want to go to my place? Again?" he asked sweetly.

   "Why are you always asking me to come over?" I asked.

   "I don't know. To keep me company?"

   I smiled and walked with him to his house. He lead me inside and we took off our shoes. I walked to his room and sat on the floor. He went to his desk and started on his work. I set my things on the ground and stretched, yawning. He then yawned. Haha. We had a connection.

   "Hey, I'm going to grab a drink of water. Do you want anything?" I asked standing up.

   "Yeah. I'll have a water too." he smiled.

   He went back to his work, and I left to go to the kitchen. I grabbed two glasses and filled them with water. I took a small sip. In the corner of my eye, I saw a photo. It was of Baekhyun and his family. It was taken recently. His mother and father both sat on a chair. He and his brother stood behind them and smiled.

   I smiled at his the photo. Then a feelings of sadness went through me. I looked at his bedroom door and I thought for a moment. I wondered, when did he see his family? He worked so hard, but I never knew when he saw his family. I shook my head, grabbed his water, and I brought it to his room. He smiled and took it gratefully. 

   His smile was identical to the one in his family photo. His smile made the room shine brighter. I smiled back and sat down. I began to answer some of the questions on the worksheet. I heard Baekhyun's chair swivel towards me. 

   "You look a lot pretter when you smile. You should try it more often." he said.

   "Thanks," I blushed. "I'll smile more, but only for you."

   He smiled again, lighting up the room.