Accident

Chapter 11

  I shivered as I remembered the thoughts of my life. As I passed through the streets, I relived everything about my life.

  It was a really important day for all of us. My dad was getting a promotion. It was my birthday. Baekhyun had hit a new milestone. Well, so did I.

   Baekhyun and I had stayed after school and sat on the bench together. He handed me a tiny box with white ribbon wrapped around it. I smiled as I received it and I watched him smile back. I opened it to see a dainty necklace. It was silver and had a small bow charm. It was sparkly and he had obviously put a lot of thought into it. 

   "Should I put it on you?" He offered.

   "Sure." I smiled.

   He leaned over to me and put the necklace on my neck. I looked at the small bow on my neck and smiled. I loved it. I looked up and saw that Baekhyun was pretty close to me. He was blushing a bit and I didn't know why. He then began to lean in closer. Slowly he came closer to me.

   Then I began to lean in too. Slowly we kissed each other then quickly pulled away. It was a little embarrassing, but I like Baekhyun. He was always there for me. I was happy when he was around. I began to blush like crazy and so did he. We both looked at each other and laughed.

   "Do you want to be-" The phone began to ring.

   "I'm sorry, can you hold that thought?" I said although I felt bad.

   He nodded and answered the phone. 

   "Hello?" I asked.

   "Yes. Hello. Are you Jin Kyung?" A woman's voice asked.

   "Yes. And you are?" I asked.

   "I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, but your father is dead."

   "My father... Dead...?"

   "Yes."

   "He's currently being transported to a hospital, but they said there is nothing they can do and he will die."

   "Which hospital!?"

   "I will text you the details. I'm so sorry for your loss."

   Then she hung up.

   I dropped my phone and began running. I knew which hospital. I ran out of the school and towards the roads. I heard Baekhyun run after me. He was calling after me, but I couldn't hear him. I could only think of my father. I continued to run.

   The night was approaching and I couldn't look properly in front of me. Tears blurred my vision. I ran straight across the road when I heard a loud honk. I looked to my left and then two headlights came straight for me. The impact hit me so hard that I flew back. I heard a voice yell to me. Maybe it was Baekhyun's. 

   From then my memories became splotchy and I only remember bits and pieces. I didn't remember much after that. I wanted to know what happened to me and my father, but I just didn't know. 

   I was so deep in thought that I ran into someone. And fell, of course.

   "Ouch." I said.

   "It's you." A familiar voice said.

   I looked up to see the face of JB. He lent me his hand and I grabbed it.

   "Sorry" I said.

   "It's fine. Are you okay?" He asked.

   "Not really..." I whispered.

   "Come on." He said.

   We walked together and we were silent for a moment. Then he lead me to a park where there was a bench. It was illuminated with floor lights. It was almost identical to the one behind our school. We sat and talked. He didn't ask me to explain myself, but just listened to anything I wanted to say. He made me feel safe. He was like an older brother.

   I liked having him to talk to. He gave me his phone number in case I wanted to talk with him and we parted ways. I sighed and looked at the time. It was only 6:00. I stood up and began to walk towards home. 

   I walked inside the house and saw a familiar face sleeping on the couch. Baekhyun. I was startled at first but then it was kind of soothing. I went into my room and went to bed. This whole day was too crazy. Little did I know, the next day would be even more crazy. 

~~~

Sorry for such a short update, but I hope you enjoy!

I'll try to update ASAP, but everything is a little crazy here!

Thanks for the support!