Our Bench

Chapter 13

Jin Kyung's Point of View

I woke up and yawned. I wasn't going to school today. Everything was too crazy. I might be held back again if I have to many absences and I fall behind. I don't want that to happen. I hated the fact that I had no friends, but if I was held back another year then that means not even Baekhyun would be there with me.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. It was gone in one gulp. I let out a refreshing sigh and sat down at the table. I stared at the glass and watched as the water on the side of the glass dribbled down the side, then made a small puddle on the table.

I wondered how Baekhyun was doing. I wondered what would happen to us. I felt as though we were less than friends now, but somehow more too. I sighed and brought the glass to the sink. I hand washed it because I was bored and it was relaxing to think while I was doing something.

I then heard noises. I turned off the faucet and looked around. I heard more movement.

"Who's there?" I was really scared.

I pulled a knife from the drawer and walked towards the sounds. They came from the shared room.

"아! 깜짝이야! (Ah! So unexpected!)"

"Morning." A groggy Baekhyun rubbed his eyes.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" I yelled.

"I was sleeping." He smiled sweetly.

"Rrrg..."

I watched him as he made a couple taps on his phone and then looked up at me. He then took my hand and began to drag me out of the door.

"LET GO!" I tried to escape.

"Just follow me." He pleaded.

"No." I pouted.

"Fine. Then I'm going." He walked out.

He knew I was gong to follow after him. He was smart and sly like that. So I was tagging along with him when he made a turn towards a graveyard. I began to feel really uncomfortable. I hated graveyards. Not because I was scared of them, but just because they were too gloomy for me.

He walked towards the back of the graveyard and under a tree. I saw a tombstone there with my father's name on it. I saw it and began to cry. All my life, I had forgotten my father had died. I barely knew how he died anymore. I wasn't at his funeral. I couldn't mourn for him, and now, I was here with my half friend and crying as silently as I can.

Baekhyun looked back at me and hugged me. His embrace was comforting.

"Did you come? To his funeral?" I asked.

"No." He said quietly.

"Why not?" I asked looking up at him.

"I had to watch after you." He smiled at me.

He then pulled out this tiny necklace. It was kind dirty or old. But still very beautiful. It was a bow necklace. A memory flashed of the box on the day of my accident and I looked at it in wonder.

"You remember this?" He asked.

I nodded and he put it on my neck. I looked down at the tiny bow and smiled. A tear of joy rolled down my cheek. I looked up at him and hugged him.

"I want to start all over again." He said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I want to start that day all over again."

He than started towards the school. School was over. Students were taking their other classes and tutoring. We walked towards the back of the school and sat down on the bench. Our bench. He looked over at me and I looked back at him and smiled.

"This day was never finished. Let's start over again." He smiled.

"Okay." I blushed.

He then leaned over to me and kissed me lightly on the cheek. I began to blush rapidly and I felt the warmth of the embarrassment and happiness on my skin. A chill down my spine.

"Jin Kyung, let's date." He said suddenly.

"But Eun Mi-" I was cut off.

"We're over."

"I'm sorry..."

"No. It's fine because right now, the only person I want to be with is you."

Then I felt my cheeks flush again. He took my hand and looked into my eyes.

"Can we date?" He asked.

"Yes." I blushed.

He smiled at me and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled. We sat there silently, just thinking. And at that moment I felt completely happy. Perfectly content. And to think the most romantic place in the world for us was right behind the school.

~~~

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!

I really hope you enjoyed my fanfiction!

Thank you so much for all the support you have been giving me!

Was the book good? Bad? Too short? Too long? Let me know in the comment so I can improve!

Once again, thanks sooo much for the support, votes, comments, and reads!

And.... If you happen to like GOT7 then please check out my other book, Two Left Feet!

-Julasic567