Fourteen: Kousei's Birthday

A/n: Don't forget to vote and comment! I hope you also watch the motivational video above!

...

Kousei woke up the next day after Mikoto went inside his room. His brother does have a big smile over his lips and said to him, "Our guardians did a surprise for you. Come with me."

He followed him even if he feels confused until he noticed that there are banners at the kitchen saying 'Happy Birthday, Kousei!'

He almost forgot that it was already March 28.

Days from now, the start of his new life in Okutsu College of Music Affiliated High School would begin. His friends were also present and most of all, it had also been the day that Watari and Tsubaki learned that Mikoto is truly Kousei's older brother. He guided him in front and slowly, he noticed that they are holding a chocolate cake with candles on top of it.

Kousei blew the candles while they all say 'Happy birthday to you.'

Of course, he's happy that they are all with him but he also can't forget that his biological father is gone now but even if he is gone, already, he is happy to meet his half brother whom he knows, loves him so much.

"I hope my brother and I have good health. I hope we bond more," he wished after blowing the candle.

Mikoto felt glad and so joyful to have heard it from Kousei. He messed his hair and said, "I'll always be here, Kousei." Tsubaki and Watari looked up at him. They do really wonder why Kousei loves him so much until they knew that Mikoto is actually his real elder brother.

"Wait. So, you're his biological elder brother???" Watari Ryota asked Mikoto while Tsubaki and Kousei lay down the cake at the dining table.

"Yes," he replied to him. Seto Hiroko gave Kousei a gift and of course, Koharu went beside him and showed him a picture. The picture is definitely a drawing by a kid but even so, when he looked at it, he knows that Koharu drew a family picture. He hugged and thanked her for it.

After the joyous party where Kousei introduced Mikoto to his friends as his real brother and ate the cake, they all went at the arcade where they played games together. They bonded a lot more at the mall and known each other more.

Daichi and Hiroko could see them cuddling each other and of course, they consider Koharu as their sister, too. They are both taking care of her and makes sure that she is in safe hands.

Watari and Tsubaki were with them. At first, they felt jealous to how close they are in the arcade but they understood that both of them don't have any parents and what they can only do is rely on each other. They also learned to accept Mikoto as their friend as well.

They were also able to know that his birthday is June 6.

They had pictures together at the arcade and they were able to know him a lot more.

Kousei enjoyed everything they did that day. It might be stressful but to him, his birthday is the best day he ever had for over so many years. When they got back home, Kousei thanked his guardians for the best day he ever had even if he felt so tired after going back home.

Hiroko watched him closely inside his room after he went back to bed.

Daichi stood beside her.

"I hope Kousei stays happy," she told him. "It was so hard to see him in pain."

After she said that, her husband hugged her and assured her that they will keep him home with his elder brother as much as possible. They vowed to take care of them.

...

Days later, Monday quickly came.

Kousei had been woken up by his brother joyfully.

"Wake up! Wake up, little boy!" Mikoto found him sleeping under his keyboard piano inside his room.

Kousei sat up and stared back at him. "Nii-san, it's still early."

"I know it's still early. It's our first day of school," he said to him. "It's my first day of college."

Kousei quickly sat up straight and woke up. He quickly looked for his eyeglasses and when he got it, he wore it quickly. He was guided by Mikoto inside the bathroom and took a bath by himself.

After the whole family took a bath, they all ate their breakfast after they all wore their uniforms while Mikoto wore new clothes bought by the Setos.

After eating, it was now time for the three children to leave for school.

He looked back up at Seto Hiroko after getting his black bag filled with notebooks, pens and pencils. He is also wearing a black necktie.

"I'm nervous, ma'---," he stopped himself when she stared back at him, "mom."

"That's normal, Mikoto," she answered him. A smile crept on his face.

"Off you go kids! You all need to go to school. Get in the car, now!" Daichi said to them while Hiroko sit on the driver's seat.

After a few seconds, they all said, 'Goodbye' to Daichi who would be staying inside his clinic and open it that day to welcome his patients who usually gather every eight in the morning.

An hour later, the two arrived in the Okutsu Campus. "We both showed you how to go back home yesterday, right?" Hiroko asked them while the two boys get off the car.

The two of them smiled, "Yup. We can both go home alone, mom."

Seto Hiroko felt relieved. "Good. I'll take your sister to daycare."

After that, both of them finally walked in the campus.

Another path is coming right after them.

...

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is short! Vote and comment, okay?

Next chapter, The Arima Brothers' School Life.