Slaughter Maze: Birthday

Dedicated to: Revi_Rev

Ten Years Ago..

"Help!!!" A girl screamed breathing heavily.

There's nowhere to hide. She's at the edge of the maze, a creature was behind her. The creature have alluring red eyes, long black ears and it has no nose. Its body is full of black butterflies surrounding his body. It is tall and has a huge hand and feet filled with blood. It also has a mouth with the darkest teeth you'll ever see.

She cried out loud slowly pleading to the ground "Please!!! Don't kill me!!" She's staring at the scary creature that she once saw in the television. It's the Butterfly Finder.

"Bu-butter-fly-fly Fi-nder" she's shivering in fear. Her sweat is dripping quickly. Her eyes slowly devoured by darkness. She's choking, the butterflies surrounds her. After few seconds, the butterflies entered her mouth. The girl turns into bones until she slowly engulfed to the ground never to be seen again.

"Time's up!" Butterfly Finder cackled.

The creature slowly fades in dim.

-------.------.------.------.---

Everyone is singing.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday Dear Hana! Happy birthday to you!!" Everyone sang in joy. I slowly blew the candle with my wish. The wish that my older sister was still here, I miss her. Its been years since she disappeared, she was my best friend at that time. We've done so many games specially when we're on Granny's house. She made a little maze there where me, her and my cousins play. We loved taking challenges but when she disappeared, I never enjoyed games anymore. I wish she's back here again in our side but that's impossible even her body isn't found, It's been ten years. I'm now eighteen and much mature to play those games now.

"Yey!" Everyone which is mostly my batch friends shouted in joy clapping as I blew the candle's light.

"Ugh! Why the happy birthday is so childish" I frowned.

"No frowny face hun, you must be happy! Happy Eighteen my gorgeous daughter!" Mom said changing the sadness with happiness.

"Mom! I know right! I'm gorgeous!" Just enjoying the ride with mom, she's always there to give me positive thoughts since my sister died but they've always thought I'm insane.

"Bye honey! Your cousins are inside the house! Chit-chat with them, it's been long and I noticed you guys didn't meet up more often now" she said waving her hand as she walked away.

"Bye mom! Sure I'll talk to them." Yeah.. She's right, we seldom talk to each other now. I miss them too but you know.. School.

"Hana!!! Happy birthday!!" Gene approaches me giving me a hug and a kiss me to my cheek.

"Thanks sister! Any gifts for me?" I grinned.

"Ewww!!! Hide your filthy mouth! Of course yes! It's what you want the most! But..." She giggled.

"But??" Creasing my forehead but I think she's gonna say "Later". Her favorite word.

"Later!" Running towards my other friends she looked at me with her tongue out.

I snickered. "Bye! Surprise me!"

Everyone's having fun except me, the birthday celebrant. My life is perfect but something's missing. I wish I can fill this missing puzzle in my life. I wonder what it is.

I opened the back door, seeing Granny, Granpa, Father, my cousins and the parents of my friends. I quickly entered the kitchen to drink cold water but father said something that made me burst out of laughter.

"Oh! There she is! My sexy daughter! She's like her mother, sweet and beautiful, get it!" As he said those words, I can't bare to laugh spitting the water out of my mouth, coughing.

Not knowing father was behind me placing his hand on my shoulder making me stop out of fear.

Hey? Why are you wet?" He asked.

What a relief. "Oh umm, really! I'm not like mom duh! I'm like Sister Rita" I said while holding the water bottle.

"Rita.." Father's sad.

Suddenly time froze. A voice echoes throughout the house

"Hana! I miss you! I must stop now! He's coming! Happy Birthday sweetie!" It's Rita.

Tears falling down from my face as I once more heard her voice. She's not dead but who's she talking about?.

©Slaughter Maze