Chapter V: Wrong Answer

Dedicated to: Ms_Horrendous

Hana's POV

I can't stop thinking of Vivian, my heart's beating fast.

"Re-really?" Cameron stuttered.

Should I say it..."Yes.. Her..." I can't.

"Her what?" He shrugged.

"Her monster is the Headless Horseman.." I said in a low tone voice.

"WHAT!? HOLY SHIT! WE GOTTA HELP VIVIAN!!" He's shocked.

"Let's go!" I grabbed my arrows from him and there we go, running through the maze.

"Umm.. Is Gene really your true name?" He asked.

I shouldn't trust anyone. Her friend even betrayed Vivian. I cant.

"No-no..." I stuttered. He smiled at me with his shining navy blue eyes.

"Me too.. Cameron isn't my name.. It was my band's name.. We're the Cameron Rock Association. Our band broke up amd I decided to take a trip with my girlfriend. When we were in a zigzag road, we saw a silhouette. A silhouette of a reaper. His eyes are pure red when he looked at us. We can't see the road, and that's the time our car drifted to the cliff. Our car's almost down to the cliff." He started crying.

We stopped "Cameron? Then what happened?" I asked.

"I died.." He said.

"How about your girlfriend?" I asked.

"I let her out of the car.. I said leave me... That's the last thing I remember before everything vanished to my sight.. At the bottom of the cliff, death was there. He gave me a chance to live... A chance to live once more, all I have to do was join this game... A death Maze.." He added.

I'm sorry Cameron, It'll be alright.. "Cameron... I feel you... My sister's been gone for ten years by an unknown reason.. And I think she's here... In the game watching me.." I said.

"Come on.. Let's continue this conversation later.." He said.

At last we're at the place. A tall hedge stopped us to pass through. Lizzy was there standing with her back in front of us. I heard her laughter, it's so devilish. Her head slowly tilted to look at us.

She laughed "Vivian can't keep a secret.."

My eyes widen. I saw her body filled with blood and her intestines are out.

"Li-Lizzy. What happened here!" Cameron shouted shivering.

She snickered while blood has been puked out of her mouth "I was wrong.." Her body slowly fell to the ground.

"She-she tried to kill me.." Vivian said with her face filled with anger. She glared at me.

"Vi-vivian.." I stuttered as she looked at me with hatred.

"Vivian! What's wrong with you!" Cameron shouted.

"You!" She pointed at me with her face of anger.

"Vivian.. Wha-what.. did did I do.." I said in fear.

"Don't lie! You told her what's my monster!" She walked towards me pointing to Lizzy.

"I-I did not.." I said. In the bottom of my heart, I did not lie.. I didn't tell it to her. Vivian please trust me.

She then showed her hand putting it to my neck. She's choking me. "Ahhh!!! Ahh.." I screamed.

"I wanna kill you!!" Vivian shouted to my face.

I was crying at that time. Why would I ever betray the person who helped me. Suddenly Cameron punched Vivian to her cheeks. It shocked me.

"Vivian! Stop!" Cameron shouted in anger.

"Fuck You!" Vivian shouted back touching her face.

"I trust you Gene.. I trust you.." Vivian cried looking at me.

"I do too.. Vivian.. I never said it to her.." I ran away from everybody.

"Vivian! She knew that Lizzy would betray you! We went back here because we thought Lizzy's going to kill you." Cameron shouted to Vivian.

I never looked back ever since.

"Gene!!" A man shouted behind me. I never looked back.

He touched my shoulders. "Gene.."

"I'm not Gene!" I shouted filled with sadness and anger.

"I know.. You're Hana.." He said.

"How did you know?!" I froze.

"I'll tell it to you.. Let's go back.." He said.

"No! Tell me now!" I replied.

"Ok.. Ok.. Death told me when I first came here. He gave me one clue of another person going here inside.. Death said that she'll never betray me... She's my game partner.." Cameron said making me look back.

"Come on.. Let's go back to Vi..." I said in a sad voice.

"Hana..." Cameron said.

"Don't call me Hana in front of her... Okay?" I said.

A voice filled the maze once more " Bwahahaha! Thirteen Players left! Too bad... Mr. Vendetta didn't kill her prey named Caitlin Travolta. May your soul be mine... BWAHAHAHA! Players may the winner reign.. And so you know... If you kill other players, automatically you'll get punished and it's death."

"Gene!!" As we go back. Vivian approached me giving me a tight hug. "Im sorry" she added.

"Vi.. Thank you.." I said.

"Hey Cameron. That hurt like hell!" Vivian shouted with happiness.

"Haha! That's a good payback for your bossiness. Madam!" Cameron laughed.

"I shouldn't have recruited that bitch." Vivian said.

Vivian added "Go get the guns away from her and the healing kit, bring it Gene..."

"Yeah.. Sure.." I slowly walked towards the dead corpse of Lizzy. The blood is still thick and sticky.

"Let the games begin! Hell ya!" Cameron nearby me.

After we get ready. A message from death filled the maze.

"Dear players! The end of the maze is now open. Find your way out. Players, I know you're all hungry so I made chests for you all find the food. Will you find any? Good luck."

"I'm hungry..." My stomach growled.

"Haha!" Cameron laughed but suddenly his stomach growled too.

I laughed back at him.

"Yummy.. I smell food." Vivian said.

"Where?" Me and Cameron looked at the environment.

"Haha! Silly. Follow me. I smell it here in the right." She said.

A woman suddenly sang "Ashe is the wonderful girl in the worlddddd.. Never been found by anyone.. Hungry, starving. Now she's eating!"

Vivian looked back at me. I shrugged.

"Another player nearby. Be ready." Vivian warned.

©Slaughter Maze